Kurt Caselli Dies During 2013 Baja 1000

I've read about locals setting up s**t like that. And jumps and stupid obstacles. That's ridiculous. There's no reason for that.

WOW. I was just reading an interview the other day on my flight in MXA with him. And they rode and wrote a report on his Dakar bike. VERY sad.

WOW, very very sad to read this. How tragic, RIP Kurt.

[video=youtube;lXM6ck4GU7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXM6ck4GU7o[/video]

It's amazing how a human can become so comfortable on a motorcycle. There are some that can ride a lifetime and never get to feel an extension of themselves via a machine. (Myself included) And there are riders like kurt that look as though his very nerve endings are connected to the motorcycle. Like his brain can feel the individual particles of dirt under the tires, or molecules in the air. Fluidity....such a beautiful thing, and so terrible for that to be lost forever.

Have they confirmed what it actually was , two different reports out there . One says booby trap another said he struck a animal ???

A Honda rider crashed not even a mile from there on another trail becasue of a booby trap and that was the reason they originally thought it could have been a booby trap. Its still is a loss to all of us and the motorcycle world.

Back