How bout this bad day!

Zman

PR Addict
My buddy from Indiana text me this morning. We had talked earlier yesterday while I was driving back from MTF, but who knew that was almost the last time I spoke with him.

He said he was humming down the road with his Toy Hauler, coming home from riding all day, and he heard what sounded like a train. Said he looked and was in the path of one of the tornados ripping through the US yesterday. Came on him so fast he said. He said he pegged the truck to get to the nearest over pass, but did not make it. Said the tornado grabbed the trailer and spun him and his son around in the truck. Look at his toy hauler...said the truck was tore up as well and the bikes were a mess also...

Man, he and his 10 year are lucky to be alive. A local came to the accident scene with a BobCat and flipped the trailer mess back over and they fished out his son's 65, 85 and his CRF250, but he said they are a mess as well. Total loss and to boot the rental car agency nearby his house lost all their cars by the same twister...

1426719_10201291232746342_805090643_n.jpg

OMG that's terrible! so sorry to hear, at least he and his son made it out alive! thats definitely something to be thankful for!!

They say bad news comes in threes, as I starting reading that I thought ok my here it is. Luckily they survived it.

I was flying back from Seattle yesterday. Left Seattle for Chicago about 3 hours late because of storms in Chicago area. Finally make it to Chicago to only find out all flights going east were cancelled! Luckily I got into the Hyatt Garden Inn at the airport. Many slept in the airport. They got me booked on a flight today, and finally made it back to Dayton about 4:30. Longest return trip I've had in a long time. But watching the news there this morning, the damage was bad, and wide spread for sure.

At first glance I thought that was a picture of a plane wreck!

I always say that the racing is the safest part of our Moto trips. Vet261 and I had a scare last year on 77 north. and I know others on here have had near misses and crashes.

Tomorrow I drive out to Toledo to look at a shop of my machines that got hit by a tornado.
blew in the walls and smashed up his machines pretty good!

Back