Clutch Basket install

Wiseco

PR Addict
Hi everyone, we often get asked how to install a new aftermarket clutch basket. This link walks you through a typical install, in this case a 2006 KX250, so you know what to expect. More importantly, the installation is not overly difficult and can be tackled by most any home mechanic using some basic tools. The more difficult steps are drilling the stock rivets, pushing out and installing the center gear (not the same on all bikes), and lastly peening the backing plate bolts.

These steps are nearly the same for any aftermarket basket, but in this case the basket and cover shown are Wiseco brand:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151214432122269.515263.149571812268&type=3</SPAN>

I hope everyone finds this helpful, and you can email me if you have questions dsulecki@wiseco.com

Dave

Good stuff. I just put a Wiseco basket in my '96 RM125 about two weeks ago. I used an angle grinder to grind off the stock rivets but you have to be extra careful not to hit anything else!

Keep your hands and feet clear!

That will work too John, just approach things carefully! I saw someone nip the end of their shoe off that way...and it wasn't me...

Nice step by step.
Just did one today on my kx250f. Gear removal/install portion was different but deff not a bad little project.
I peen into the threads on my bolts, May or may not be a good idea, but I feel a little more secure with it.

That works well to Johnny, anything to prevent the screws backing out. We apply a threadlocker, but that is not enough by itself. The peening, either at the bolt center or edge, assures the bolt cannot move.

Great tip!

Back