Hetrick Racing

JB_519

PR Addict
Rich Hetrick pulling the plug after 2014 Nationals season ...!?
I came across that online ( fb ) , sad to hear always seemed like a staple in the ATV racing scene the last several years . Information given basically stated was extremely unhappy with rule changes / AMA governing . Whatever path they go down I wish that family well !

I respect Rich a lot, but I would like to see what all the plans are for next year set in stone before I say anything. Unfortunately with facebook the majority of the people posting on his message have no idea what is actually happening or are involved with the nationals.

Rich has been frustrated for the last few years with the sport on the national level, I don't blame him. Just imagine having a talented young son dealing with these issues plus the astronomical costs of building miniquads to compete. I'm throwing all our hard work and money away invested in quad racing to go to bikes and basically start over. That's what's heartbreaking. I understand the rule changes and class changes are never ending, but for us the pricing of the parts and modifications are the reason we are gone. Thanks to Hetrick Racing for the support we have received in the last few years, we appreciate it. We love our family of ATV racers but the monopoly of tuners and favoritism is our reason of moving on.

Is Joel still going to race?
Joel will be racing a CanAm in 2014...
If you read Rich's post on his FB page... he is just upset that they make changes to benefit the few and forget about the masses.
There are a couple HUGE money guys and their "connections" that push their weight around to help themselves. And unfortunately without those big money guys the series would have already folded. There are major problems with the ATV scene - from the AMA down.
It's my opinion that the sport is in trouble from the grass roots.. The AMA is allowing the AMA affiliated tracks to outlaw quads and basically do what they want. I believe that IF your series or tracks are AMA you should be required to at least offer the classes the AMA mandates. If no one for that particular class shows up..skip it. We all hate big brother but it has a purpose and that's to have consistancy throughout the country...that way if you run a specific class in Texas, your competition in Ohio will be on the same machines and skill levels. And when you work your way up through the peewee ranks into the Pro level...every other rider on the gate will have came through very similar avenues...

Joel will be racing a CanAm in 2014...
If you read Rich's post on his FB page... he is just upset that they make changes to benefit the few and forget about the masses.
There are a couple HUGE money guys and their "connections" that push their weight around to help themselves. And unfortunately without those big money guys the series would have already folded. There are major problems with the ATV scene - from the AMA down.
It's my opinion that the sport is in trouble from the grass roots.. The AMA is allowing the AMA affiliated tracks to outlaw quads and basically do what they want. I believe that IF your series or tracks are AMA you should be required to at least offer the classes the AMA mandates. If no one for that particular class shows up..skip it. We all hate big brother but it has a purpose and that's to have consistancy throughout the country...that way if you run a specific class in Texas, your competition in Ohio will be on the same machines and skill levels. And when you work your way up through the peewee ranks into the Pro level...every other rider on the gate will have came through very similar avenues...

I don't know how its come to this. We definitely need to revisit the class structure at the grass roots level, and they needs to transfer to the National level. Ironically, I was just looking at OMA classes and rules yesterday.

Back