Baja -- pro practicer style...

Are you kidding? No bike, only 2 dinners and 'some' trail lunches. No return from Cabo transportation included but it is optional, imagine what they gouge you for on that one.

For 4k your getting a GPS rental, an experienced guides map installed in said GPS, a nice hotel to stay in, 2 dinners and some lunch. Everything else is on you.

Sure it would be cool but not 4k cool.

I found this about Malcolm Smith Adventures:

Malcolm’s 7 days of Baja began in 1995 as a way for Malcolm to share the Baja he loved with friends. With the help of his good friend Dr. Schneider, Malcolm and his wife Joyce found a fledgling orphanage in Valle Trinidad and decided the event would support this orphanage and the kids that would eventually come to live there.

The first year, a letter went out to the riders of the Colorado 500 saying Malcolm was going to do this ride. Malcolm had laid out a course using sections of the Baja 1000 routes he knew so well from racing. 30 men answered the letter and the event was born. Over the next 18 years, the ride enabled the orphanage at Valle Trinidad to grow and prosper. Today, one of the first children that arrived at the orphanage is a first year medical student. Malcolm Smith Motorsports Foundation provides all the funding for these kids to go to school

More on Malcolm Smith Adventures:

Malcolm Smith Adventures, Inc. grew out of the numerous requests Malcolm had to lead motorcyclists down the Baja peninsula, traversing the legendary Baja 1000 trails. This annual charity event has grown to include 80 riders and support crew and has spawned smaller rides in North and South America, as well as New Zealand and South Africa. To date the annual Six Days of Baja Charity Ride has contributed over $550,000 to orphanages in Mexico.
Malcolm is a devoted family-man. He is married and has 4 children - two sons and two daughters, all of whom enjoy riding motorcycles in their family time.

Well....as dangerous as the environment is its nice to have a guide. You already got a neck brace Dave. Maybe you need to sell some of your airoh collection!

That sheds a much better light on the reasoning for the costs. Maybe if I had explored the web page further I would have found that info on my own.

Georgie I would be interested. But before I would commit to going to this with you, I would need proof that you could show up by first attending at least 60% of the races that you post on here you are going to! In other words, you need to first "un-scoob" yourself.

I was at the battle! I raced the LLQ qualifier at high point, qualified for the regional in 25+. Then my bike was stolen....

And I got 5th overall in points for Junior 25+ in OMA. What did scoob get?!!?

Well my dad is interested in this event as well. Would be really cool to get some old racer buddies of his to go too. 5 pit racer members would be awesome.

Think about it.....you're riding 1,100 miles in 7 days. That's a freaking adventure. It's doable, the oldest guy was in his 70s and the youngest was 18 last year.....

Back