Wiseco - GYTR - Hinson Replacement Clutch Covers

mshafer62

PR Addict
What's been your experience...do they hold their color or does it rub off like the stock (In my case, Yamaha) cover does?
Anyone know who makes the GYTR cover?

Vet261

PR Addict
I've used a few Wiseco covers and was pleased with them not looking ratty from wear. Here is a pic of my '07 when I sold it.

IMG_0542 - Copy.jpg

Original44

PR Addict
What's been your experience...do they hold their color or does it rub off like the stock (In my case, Yamaha) cover does?
Anyone know who makes the GYTR cover?

Hinson makes the GYTR cover. My son has one on his Yamaha YZ 85. It has been on for two years and has shown no wear.

Wiseco

PR Addict
Things to look for in a cover are both strength and how the material is treated. Most billet machined covers will provide better strength over the cast magnesium or aluminum materials, to protect against rock punctures or damage.

Once formed, the billet cover should be hard coat anodized for the best wear and corrosion resistance. Proper hardcoating actually coverts the cover material and penetrates down into the substrate. All Wiseco covers, and we suspect Hinson, are hardcoat anodized. As an added benefit, the Wiseco cover has the words "Wiseco Performance Products" machined into the anodized surface, which means that the image will almost never go away and will look great for years. Some other covers have the brand image lazer etched into the surface, and can be less durable.

The cast Boyesen covers are powdercoated various colors, and the also have the brand name image raised above the surface then stripped to bare aluminum. This design provides long lasting wear for appearance, and the cast aluminum used is similar in strength to the OEM cast covers.

Keep these things in mind when looking at covers, strength and protection are aspects that we always feel are important. The hardcoat anodized covers will last many seasons withouth showing much wear and tear.

Dave