Got a New Mag...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Well, since I have some downtime while healing, I picked me up a new Feb. 2014 (umm, it's December 2013?) Dirt Rider. A couple things, but page 8 is disturbing to me...

Main reason I grabbed it was for the 450 shootout. Kawi wins again here and I am thinking I may see if I can score one in the spring. May see if I can find a left over 2013 or a 2013 in good shape and/or maybe with a good aftermarket exhaust on it. Not many changes from last year that really impact performance.

I still plan to dial in the KX300, but unless I go with some serious aftermarket suspension, I am definately thinking I won't be 100% happy. I did check out the Ohlins website. If I had $4500, I'd be golden. Maybe I will after tonight, but not counting on it. Heck, if I am, I may by a new frame to create a KX300AF as well in that case... ;) Only thing that makes me think the Kawi wouldn't be the best for me is that they say it likes to be steered by the real wheel, not the front. Hmm...guess I do not corner well with either end, so doesn't matter so much I suppose...

They picked the Katoom 350 3rd and the 450 last. Go figure. Last I rode a 350 I did like the bike..., but it was orange... ;)

Back