On this Day in Moto History

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
It was just one year ago that preppers were having freak fest and the end the world was supposed to occur due to the end of the Mayan calendar. It was the day after that we incorporated the OMA with the State of Ohio. Not that we believed any of that Mayan calendar crap, but the date was intended to symbolize a new beginning. As we close in on the banquet, a 2014 schedule, and a revised rule book, I feel like we are so very lucky to have the level of support that we do. We all have very much to be proud about. What has been accomplished in one year is nothing short of amazing. I have very good news in terms of sponsorship moving forward into the 2014 season. However, we might just save it for the banquet. We will see if we can keep a lid on it that long. Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas.

It was just one year ago that preppers were having freak fest and the end the world was supposed to occur due to the end of the Mayan calendar. It was the day after that we incorporated the OMA with the State of Ohio. Not that we believed any of that Mayan calendar crap, but the date was intended to symbolize a new beginning. .

So...maybe they were off a year?

Revised rule book? OK, are we finally cutting some of the classes out? What bold move is the OMA going to make this year?

There defiantly are a few classes that are not going to make the cut. Not sure I would say bold move though. Rule book stuff is adjusting some age and bike size stuff for the most part. Close some loopholes.

Revised rule book? OK, are we finally cutting some of the classes out? What bold move is the OMA going to make this year?

We are eliminating vet classes. Bold enough for ya?

More or less fine tuning like Jason said. Some changes, but don't expect a 10-15 class structure. I need to find the dead horse jpeg.

More or less fine tuning like Jason said. Some changes, but don't expect a 10-15 class structure. I need to find the dead horse jpeg.

LOL...so I should not plan my MX return in the 35+/40+?

One thing most of us vets wont do is complain (too much). Eliminate the Vet classes....no big deal. I would sign up for Open B, and be ok with it. Some would go to open C.

One thing most of us vets wont do is complain (too much). Eliminate the Vet classes....no big deal. I would sign up for Open B, and be ok with it. Some would go to open C.

Agree with John - Open C might be "scary" but Open B would be OK... I like Jeremy's pot-stirring though - get everybody fired up pre-banquet!

Agree with John - Open C might be "scary" but Open B would be OK... I like Jeremy's pot-stirring though - get everybody fired up pre-banquet!

Lol. Seriously though the classes that we list are year end points paying classes. Don't get pissy, each track can offer extra classes.

Just FYI, the battle series that is AMA will have 35+, 45+, and 50+ I believe.

giggling...and expected. ;)

Just ban vets badged with the # 250...

Yeah, we'd find a class for certain. Would undoubtedly run less laps too...well, some of us

Just FYI, the battle series that is AMA will have 35+, 45+, and 50+ I believe.

Schweet! Contingency $$ too? Not that I have anything to worry about on that, just a thought that popped in my nogin...

We should offer 40-43. And 45+

giggling again... :)

Yes, way to go all involved with the OMA as it's been a refreshing change to moto where folks are not afraid to try things for the better even with the possibility of failure. Without change nothing will improve as well know and that's where the mold started to grow on what we called D-11, etc. I miss the days past where I raced many weekends and although I more than likely will never be able to say I will race "most" weekends again, I do look to ride most and maybe compete in more than my past 5 years combined with even the possibility of completeing a series or two. I look forward to 2014. The OMA has a lot to do about that. Thanks!!

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you all as well. Remember the reason for the season. :)

Back