The future is two stroke racing - European 300cc championship set for 2014

evomx244

PR Addict
The MX3 GP’s are dropped for 2014 and replaced with a two stroke European 300cc championship – all a little confusing but read on.

So if the PR below is correct it looks like 250cc machines are making a return – if so are we looking at an all round two stroke world championship return in 2 or 3 years?

FIM

After a meeting between manufacturers and FIM, Youthstream and FIM Europe are glad to announce to start from next year of a new European 300cc 2 stroke Championship, that is likely to have a great success and it will be the base for a future World Championship.

The market demand of the 2 stroke for Motocross is increasing rapidly. Youthstream plans to hold between 6 to 7 races together with the MXGP (like it is already done for the 125 and 250). Suggested capacity for the technical rules is going to be from 200cc to 300cc 2 stroke.

Youthstream and FIM Europe believe a large number of riders is going participate in this Championship, in particular because of the fact that the MX3 World Championship will be stopped and for sure there will be many riders wanting to enter.

Read more at http://moto.mpora.com/news/the-futu...ionship-set-for-2014.html#GvUxZdDilKs73t4S.99

Its about effing time!

But they have been running 125 & 250 races havent they? So why will this be any better?

Love it. Our sport would be much better off with the return of two smoke. How great would it be to have the return of a third class for the outdoors. Maybe consolidate classes into a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke class. Making it easier for the new fan to understand the two different classes then just looking for what color the background is on the ever shrinking number plates. For the first time in 25years I applaud Youthstream for actually doing something that may help our future.
Now if the ama is truly for the betterment of motorcyclist in America they will soon follow. Our LARGE market will increase sales of two strokes thus manufactures will renew there lineup giving us all more options.

Now let's see this in America. 149cc-250cc open class on pro day. Great for privateers, could be like a minor league baseball team, except they play during the big show!

Great for AMA too because they got another class to rape the privateer. Make them pay 200 to sign up and pay them jack s**t for winning. Winning. Also has the possibility to get more spectators out to see 2 smokes and more racing action on the day.

A two stroke class in America would be huge I believe. If there is a two stroke class on the national level, more local guys would be more willing to buy two strokes again also I believe. Who wants to bet a KTM wins that championship?

The MX3 GP’s are dropped for 2014 and replaced with a two stroke European 300cc championship – all a little confusing but read on.

So if the PR below is correct it looks like 250cc machines are making a return – if so are we looking at an all round two stroke world championship return in 2 or 3 years?

That was announced back in October. Glad to see that they announced
a schedule.

So the calendar has the 300 European series on it. But it only has
classes.

Does that mean no 450s for European championship classes?

Does that mean no 450s for European championship classes?[/QUOTE]
Giuseppe Luongo the d-bag that ownes youthstream which is the company that promotes all GP' s. (Euro 's mx sports) has been trying to kill the 450 class for the past few years. He is on record saying "no one can control a 450" The guy is a true tool.
The creation of a 300 two stroke class is a key part of the master plan to kill the 450.

That may make racing more affordable.

Although, He has been on a mission to kill the 450....read a few vital conspiracy threads...

And he is right....even the pros don't use a 450 to it full HP potential. Killing the 450 ' s would be good IMO.

they used to say the same thing about the 500.. Very few guys can use all of a 125 so should they stop making them? I personally prefer the brute force of a big bore. I say make a 2 stoke class and a four stroke class. Any and all sizes welcome. Little girls can ride those small, weak mini bikes.... Real men will ride 500's

They'll have a 300cc limit, but they'll always want more. And in a few years there will be a 50cc jump in the limit to 350cc, the 50 more, then 50 more. After about 10 years it'll be back up to 500s. Then someone, like Hershey, will bitch and say it's too much and they'll re-introduce the 250 class too.

I think at top tuned 300cc smoker would give any bike a run for its money. I still think they need to up the allowed 2-stroke cc's to 300 for the 450 class. They let the 250's run in the 250f class, so what's that say? Good stuff. I can't wait to watch them. Wonder what their TV schedule is?

I like the power of my 450.....no reason to get rid of 450s!

Different strokes for different folks. A smoker will never have the torque of a 450 nor it's tractorbility and ease of riding for some. Someone who can get the most of a two stroke will like it's lighter weight, etc. Who knows if if the smoker will make a come back, be intertwined with the strokers in the same class or continue on with their own class. I know this, I cannot wait to hear a full gate of two strokes take off from the gate. Nothing like that sweet sound... 'Tis motocross to me...

Scoob....250 2 strokes are only allowed in the 250f classes in Amatuers. It is prohibited in professional motocross. . .

144 is illegal in the 250 class. That's why Ricky Renner ran 125s two years ago. He had a big post on vital and people urged him to run a 144, then on vital it was stated he would be tore down and disqualified if he was running a 144.

Back