New Dunlop MX 52 and 32

mshafer62

PR Addict
MX52_Rear_3.4_2.jpg

Last weekend someone at Ram Jam had a pre-production tire...
It looked like it has wider center lug spacing than the current MX51.
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tir...ture/mxsx-off-road-geomax-series/geomax-mx52/

From what I have learned about the two new rears are this,

The Mx 32 is built to take the place of the old 51...it's for your deeper lomey tracks also great in the sand and dirt starts. If you look at tread pattern you will notice on each quarter of the tire it has a paddle look to it...I think this will be a great choice for sand and mud...or at least a improvement over the 51's.

The new 52 is more for the hard blue grooved tracks and also way better for concrete starts...basically it's taking the place of the old 71.

Has anyone used year tires yet? How fast are they wearing. What pissed me off bout the mx51s were that they hooked up great for 3 motos. Then they were rounded off turds.

Starcrosses bite for a long time. And the deep knobbies don't chunk off.

From what I have learned about the two new rears are this,

The Mx 32 is built to take the place of the old 51...it's for your deeper lomey tracks also great in the sand and dirt starts. If you look at tread pattern you will notice on each quarter of the tire it has a paddle look to it...I think this will be a great choice for sand and mud...or at least a improvement over the 51's.

The new 52 is more for the hard blue grooved tracks and also way better for concrete starts...basically it's taking the place of the old 71.

Motocross Action has a product test on the 32's in the June edition. For what it's worth, they loved them!

My 52's came in but the 32's are back ordered until approximately the end of the month.
I'm not sure if any tire is as soft as the 71's.

Georgie - Listen to the audio above...Dunlop says knobs tearing or starting to tear off is from using the wrong tire for the track conditions.
Yep...you're going to need that 2nd set of wheels so you can have hard and soft compound tires. But they do suggest starting with the
32's if the tracks you frequent are properly prepped and hold moisture.

Btw, new tire technology isn't just Dunlop. Bridgestone has new MX tires coming too. And the weak Yen isn't helping. They all cost more.
I have heard that Hinderer Honda has 51's at a crazy price until they're gone and noticed MJUSA has deals on theirs also.

I am currently testing out a 32 on rear n 52 on the front. Also have a few friends running the 32 front n rear and 52 front and rear. Love the set up so far after a month or two Ill post some pics and let yall know how they are holding up.

And the weak Yen isn't helping. They all cost more.

The yen is slightly weaker against the dollar - it's about 102 yen per dollar today and was just below 100
May 2013 - but that would make the tires cheaper if it were the only change since the last generation of tires.

I ran the 52's last Sunday at BC and wasn't sure about them in practice...
My moto's were #1 and #16 and my comfort level grew and the day went on.

Today my 32's came in and OMG are they gnarly, especially the front.
Transworld has a write-up in the current issue and especially love the 32 front.

I swear they feel lighter...the 80/100-21 weights 8.4# and the 120/80-19 weighs 12.0#
Pics to follow.

I love the 32s. Ran them at Oakland sx, and the following week practicing on a hard packed track. Both front and rear had great traction on thursday, could have raced again with them!

Saw some new Bridgstones over the weekend that had the double knobs all around. (Knobby inside a knobby)
The 31 was cool for sure.

Yeah I noiced my rear tire had some fractured knobbies on the outside this past Sunday after giving the steed a wash. That 52 looks good. Get past practice and/or early laps of a practice day and you should be good in Ohio...I would think...

I need new rubbers soon.. the stockers on the yz leave much to be desired.. I think I'm going with a 52 rear and a 32 front.. hoping to have them on by Saturday and may report back..

Meister - unless you only ride hard pack, you might consider the 32.
The 52 works great at BC in the afternoon when its hard but leaves quite a bit to be desired in the morning. Just sayin...

MX955- Hinderer Honda in Newark is 20% less than that if they have any tires left.

DD- I know of the new 'stones and want to see them.

Back