Trx 450r Neutral issue

JB_519

PR Addict
Picked up a 04 450r kicker last week. The quad runs great but it's almost impossible to find neutral when the quad is running !? If it's shut of it goes right into neutral . The clutch is new , zero slipping and crisp as hell. Could the basket possibly be wore or grooved and not allowing it to fully engage while running ? Thanks for any help !

Picked up a 04 450r kicker last week. The quad runs great but it's almost impossible to find neutral when the quad is running !? If it's shut of it goes right into neutral . The clutch is new , zero slipping and crisp as hell. Could the basket possibly be wore or grooved and not allowing it to fully engage while running ? Thanks for any help !

Shift drum and forks might be wore out too. You wont know till its apart.

Thanks for the input I was puzzled to see so many people just calling this a common problem In honda forums , I'll just replace it all and call it a day . Can't stand when something doesn't work as it should .

Basket or inner hub (or both) are grooved. The grooves are catching the clutch plates / discs, not allowing them to separate when the engine is running. No amount of adjusting the cable will fix it.

Jason - thanks , already called Hinson and ordered some goodies .

Vet261 - you got jokes I like it , lol but I'll trouble shoot that mower deck when I finish watching jerry springer and kill this 12 pack of PBR .

Back