Legal recreational cannabis

loneranger171

PR Addict
Never thought I'd see the day but I was reading a news article about the legal buying of weed for Recreational use out in Colorado... Wonder if that state will be able to balance their budget now... Right or wrong it's going to happen in a lot more States in the near future I feel... Thoughts?

People need to be extremely careful in my opinion. While these states are legalizing it, it is still against "federal" law. I am just waiting for the feds to try and prosecute someone under federal law in one of these states somehow. The feds are TOTALLY against legalization, so it will happen, just a matter of when.

I have been wondering how employers are dealing with it?? Pre-employment drug screening? Is it ok or not to pee bong water?

I have been wondering how employers are dealing with it?? Pre-employment drug screening? Is it ok or not to pee bong water?

That would depend on why they are screening. I am on the drug free workplace program with workers comp. Since it is a government program the answer is no.

Also any accident that is reported as a workers comp claim requires the injured worker to be tested in many cases. If the test is positive the injured worker can be denied compensation.

But if you have a "prescription" for it then how can it be denied? Most drug free programs are at a company level with little to no government involvement. Yet everyone has to follow OSHA laws which is big boy government... I can see some HUGE lawsuits coming from this. How many lawyers are walking around with boners waiting on someone to sue the Fed's on this one?
I can hear the commercial now... "Dude, Have you been deigned your claims due to the MAN? Well this is U.S. History, I see the globe right there... then come down and see us at Spicoli Law Offices"

Our drug free program is through workers comp. So yes there is Gov involvement. If you have a script you're good to go.

Spicoli...lmao! Most peeps on here probably don't know who that is!

Our drug free program is through workers comp. So yes there is Gov involvement. If you have a script you're good to go.

Spicoli...lmao! Most peeps on here probably don't know who that is!

No way dude.... I remember that guy... He could ride some gnarly waves...good movie!

I think the prohibition era is going to repeat itself only with weed instead of alcohol. It will be produced, tested, distributed, taxed, and all rules for consumption will mirror that of alcohol. And I guarantee its coming nationwide in the next 10-15 yrs. Start researching the right companies involved in the last sentence I just wrote and decide what ones to buy stock in now. If chosen carefully, this could result in a person who never smoked in their life retiring well because of Marijuana. Just sayin'.

Actually, it was "tasty" waves....lol......But, the best part of that movie was Phoebe Cates climbing out of the swimming pool! schwing!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n9huSs0g67c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sKrpl-KBTzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EbHth5ErTs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to point... I wonder how long after other states okay this will big brother step in and tax the heck out of it... I can see all the pharmaceutical companies who line the government pockets getting in the game or something...

Back to point... I wonder how long after other states okay this will big brother step in and tax the heck out of it.

"Big Brother" also known as the state of Colorado is taxing the heck out of it. 25% sales tax.

"Big Brother" also known as the state of Washington is also taxing the heck out of it. $12 per gram
at the retail level (there are producer and processor level taxes too).

I think every victimless crime should be legalized and taxed like heck. The IRS would not exist
if christian dimbulbs hadn't insisted on banning alcohol. Had to replace the tax income
somehow.

The IRS would not exist
if christian dimbulbs hadn't insisted on banning alcohol. Had to replace the tax income
somehow.
Their are many folks that are dimbulbs...I have been one myself. I have drank, got high, and smoked! Now I don't support any of that. Aside from a "bigger picture" standpoint...I watched my Dad be consumed by alcohol...he lost a relationship with my older brother, cheated on his wife and divorced, wasted precious time, escaped death multiple times. His last stint was only two-years ago...he was drinking about an 18 pack and a medium bottle of vodka per day! He almost died...he would call me all hours of the day talking about suicide and wanting to die! When I finally forced him to go the hospital...he hadn't showered in weeks and I had to wipe his rear, get him in the hospital (he hated me for a while and said some very nasty things to me), placed him in a nursing home, recovered, moved in together...now he lives on his own, is sober, and thankful to be alive! We have a good relationship now, he knows I love him unconditionally and he can trust me. This same man also forced me to move out on my own before I started my senior of high-school because he started to get sick...he moved him, his girlfriend, the dogs, and pretty much everything we had into a trailer and left my handicap brother and I to fend for our selves!

My handicap brother was at a party where boos and pot and whatever else were involved...these kids got in a fight, he and others broke it up...one kid got pissed and sucker punched my brother sending his head into concrete which almost killed him...put him in a coma for a while...he had to learn life over again, is going blind, constant migraines and struggling to survive. This is the same brother that had been home for less than 8 months after 5-6 months in the hospital that my dad forced to move out!

Plus my own negative affects of decisions involving these things! So no, I don't support these things...it messes lives up! Medical reasons is a whole different aspect! I do thank The Lord for sobriety! He calls us to be sober! I will not point a finger at anyone for drinking or smoking or whatever...if somebody wants to talk about it...ok! The only time I will "attack" is if someone is in danger or in a preaching setting! I care about folks and it truly breaks my heart to see folks caught up in these things!

From a Light Bulb!

Colorado slammed a 25% tax on it.

In 15 years they'll be selling it at bars and football stadiums. It will be legalized in all states. The house and senate will get a huge boost in tax revenue and find out that they still are voting on raising the debt ceiling every 6 months.

What are those? Do you honestly think that smoking weed is a victimless crime?
Never thought I would agree with sturd on anything, ever, but I agree that weed should be legal, assuming that is his position. It's a ****ing plant. Read some history as to why it is illegal in the first place. BTW, the constitution is written on hemp. Just sayin'.

Back