Affordable Health Care - All of our new fees!!

John250

PR Founding Father
I insure myself and three kids on my own personal health insurance policy (wife has company paid coverage). Last year I paid $445 per month. Medical Mutual offered me a early renewal rate of $485.95 per month. I took it. Checking on healthcare.gov the premium for similar coverage was $788 a month, yeah that's the cheapest I could find for me and three kids.

NOW..........I get my new bill of $485.95 per month. BUT........it's not $485.95, it is $520.44!! Here is why:
2014 FEDERALLY MANDATED FEES:
PCORI Fee (this is for research)
$0.18/covered person/month

Reinsurance Fee
$5.25/covered person/month

market Share Fee
2.4% of premium

A state premium tax of 1.4% will be added to these fees.

We are ALL paying these new fees in 2014. Your employers are being charged these new fees on their group policies also. So guess what, they will probably pass these fees onto you as the employee. Or if your like me, I am paying an extra $413.88 a year in federally mandated fees. More disposable income taken out of an American's income.

People need to WAKE UP. We need to repeal this crap, it is costing us real dollars. I know in the last three years since my wife's employer stopped covering me and my kids, that my personal health insurance cost me MORE AND MORE EVERY SINGLE YEAR! When is it going to stop?

I have thinking about this healthcare issue a long time... I started out of course thinking I don't want government in anything, let alone my healthcare. Then I started noticing how large all the insurance company buildings are. They have buildings and employees in every town in the country. They advertise more then beer companies and car companies combined. Name an insurance company that has went out of business? I will give you time to think...... THEY NEVER GO OUT OF BUSINESS... of course we all know we are paying way too much for insurance. The only way to stop that is to have big brother take over. Look, it works in Canada... if our beer drinking, hockey playing, Tim Horton eating neighbor s to the north can make it work, why can't we? Obama care, NO. A system regulated by a responsible third party government official, MAYBE.
I just don't know... but we all know I am a very positive person... I'm Willing to try something, just not Obama care.

Chris below is a list of Insurance companies that have either gone out of business OR gotten out of the health insurance business since the Affordable Care Act started.

1. Lincoln National 2. Great Lakes HMO 3. FHP-HMO 4. Principal Health Care-HMO 5. Confederation Life 6. Metropolitan 7. Travelers 8. Equitable/Equicor 9. Crown Life 10. Business Men’s Insurance 11. Provident Life and Accident 12. Healthsource 13. Employee Benefit Plans (EBP) 14. Northwestern National Life 15. Employers of Wausau 16. New York Life Insurance Company(NYLCare) 17. Sanus Health Plans 18. Prudential 19. Mass Mutual 20. John Hancock 21. Health Direct 22. Compass HMO 23. TransAmerica Occidental 24. Provident Mutual 25. Jefferson Pilot 26. Iowa Travelers 27. Wellmark 28. Mutual Benefit 29. CNA 30. Allstate 31. Bankers Life 32. New England Life- is really Great West

Health Insurance Carries average about 2.2% a year in NET profit a year. How many companies would stay in business for less than 3% profit? Chris you are TOTALLY wrong on your post. And the healthcare system in Canada is not that great. If your old........you may not get treatment. For many routine procedure's citizen wait months for services. You do not want to strive to be Canada when your talking healthcare.

Very true John! I'm Canadian & all my family are still in Ontario. It was a better working idea 50 years ago when it started but like everything else government run, there ends up being serious problems. Because the free market does not control health care provider's incomes, fewer doctors over time went into medicine or go where there's more $ which is down here. My mother had a hip fracture and spent 8 days in the hospital before she was operated on because too many "emergencies" were coming in and getting put ahead of her. For many surgeries the wait is 3-6 months. It sounds great having "free" healthcare but I have lived this side of the border for 25 years and I would need to make double the income to have the same standard of living in Canada. Taxes, gas, cost of living has always been quite a bit higher up north.

When is it going to stop?

When you die. Then your kids will pay the inheritance tax. Muahhhahahahahahahhhhahaahha. C'mon john run for state representative or something, then you can be exempt from all this bs, forget about us all and continue to pass s**t legislation. You got a good strong name. People will vote for a john on a ticket without even knowing anything about them.

Johnny... I am just trying to look for the lube side of this issue... It is going to happen since King Obama said so... And you know damn well if you go against the King's wishes, you will be labeled a racist and terrorist and for that you can be removed from the grid... Get the KY, grab your ankles and hold on....

tumblr_m4uizwlLzO1qedj2ho1_500.jpg

Spoke with a client. He is a small employer, and pays about 90% of the health care for all his employees. Not too many small business owners like him. 22 to 25 employees. His "2014 Federally Mandated Fees" on his health insurance bill.........$800 a month! $9600 a year he did not have to pay in 2013.

Spoke with a client. He is a small employer, and pays about 90% of the health care for all his employees. Not too many small business owners like him. 22 to 25 employees. His "2014 Federally Mandated Fees" on his health insurance bill.........$800 a month! $9600 a year he did not have to pay in 2013.

Got a feeling he won't be paying so much for all his employees.

Back