Ohio moto hall of fame?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So I got a call on the way home that the family was going to the in-laws for the evening (what a pity) so off to the local watering hole I go... while setting there watching the endless coverage of the baseball hall of fame, it occurred to me.... Why don't we have a hall??? The buckeye state has a long and glorious history of motocross. We have had several pro races and millions of local races put on by numerous nameless promoters and track owners. We have had so many riders that have won amateur nationals and even a few to win pro nationals. We are the home state of a OEM (warehouse at least) We started Arenacross and still dominate it.
Now I have no idea where it would go and how to finance it, but I do love the idea of recognizing the important people in our history. We should also know important facts and stats like who has attended the most races? Who has the most wins? Most points? Last winner of the Open class? How many track have we had and how many do we still have? and on and on and on....

What do you think?

I enjoy compiling stats, so if any knows where I can get all of our past race results (all the way back) I will start going through them.

im serious on this on..
I can name 100's of deserving people.
We would have to come up with a guideline for voting but those are details that could easily be worked out.

There are many that come to mind for me. The too many different organizations to come up with a hall of fame. Now Pitracer could have a informal Ohio HoF, but outside od that, probably too many different organizations.

Back