Friday or Saturday night MX races?

Trying to figure out if Friday or Saturday night would be best to race mx under the lights. Honda hills had a great thing going on Friday nights! Input needed please! And it defiantly will be outlaw racing. No card of any kind needed!!

When the kids are out of school, I like Friday night. It will give the option of a full weekend of racing!

Saturday night... Friday is great if you live close, but if you have drive over an hour, you can't make it in time after work

Do Friday, Malvern runs saturdays. Don't spread your riders too thin.....

Pyma runs friday nights, but the turnouts haven't been braking 100. Plus you're on the other side of the state....probably wouldn't matter either way.

Do Friday, Malvern runs saturdays. Don't spread your riders too thin.....

Pyma runs friday nights, but the turnouts haven't been braking 100. Plus you're on the other side of the state....probably wouldn't matter either way.
thanks for that info. Wasn't aware malvern raced Saturday nights.

Saturday night... Friday is great if you live close, but if you have drive over an hour, you can't make it in time after work

Sat. To hard to make it there after work on a Friday. Everyone alway's talks about Honda Hills on Friday night. I guess I'm old because I remember the Sat.
night races.

Friday nite at Honda hills sucked. Long drive for one moto and riding in endless amounts of cow s@#t soaked wood chips. I destroyed 20 MJ USA jerseys at that hole... ( yes I never did well there, agin always beat me) :eek:

If you run friday night, you start later. Pymatuning had no problems with it in the 90s. They always start 1-2 hours later on fridays

I say Saturday night. Start practice late in the day. Moto 1 in the evening and then moto 2 under the lights! That would be great!!

Honda hills had a great thing going on Friday nights!

Reasons I think Honda Hills Friday night Series did well was:
1st) Location -quick and easy interstate access - I-70 and smack in the middle of the state,
2nd) Easy fun track that anybody could race and go fast on that wasn't raised out of a flat cornfield.

I recall Muskingum Valley MX running a Friday Night Series and I'm thinking struggled with turnout issues.

Back