Magura Hydraulic Clutch ??

Was wondering if the Magura Hydraulic Clutch set up is worth the money debating on picking one up for my 2012 Yz 250? Anyone ever use it? Pro & Cons?
[h=1][/h]

yes it is absolutly worth it. i had a ktm in 2007 that had the magura and got used to riding with it. the engagement point never changes and it is super smooth feeling all the time. then i got a yamaha in 2008 and rode with cable again but it was always coming loose and needed lots of lube to keep it feeling smooth. got a magura jack setup( kit to fit the yamaha 450) and never looked back. install is easy, and once you have the travel set for the freeplay for when the clutch gets hot it works fine. i had to add 2 washer between the slave and slave mount to get it right, other wise when clutch got really hot the slave cylinder would bottom out. magura uses mineral oil in their system so i always kept a bottle in my tool box just for saftys sake, never needed it but noone else at the track would probably had any.

I got a brand new Magura and an extra bottle of fluid in classifieds. I'm sure you can find an adaptor to use for a yz250. They're all the same kits pretty much.

Thanks for the input. They say online it is a lot easier pull then cable any truth to it or just product selling "BS" lol Again thanks for the input.

The pull is easier and they are more consistent, but they do not have the feel of cable IMO. They seem to be more on/off as oppose to offering a slightly gradual release.

I've had the same hymec Magura since 03. I've only had to change the slave cylinder to fit my new bike. I think it works great. Just for the fact that it never changes when the clutch temps go up I would say its worth it.

Back