Mid Ohio Non Current Vid 2013

Vet261

PR Addict
I stumbled on this on Youtube. I didn't race it this day but you can see some of you regulars in the footage.

I had forgotten how much they had to scrape the track to make it ridable after all the rains!

Im pretty sure Jack went down in that corner a few turns after the start.....he makes a nice pass on the two in the video on lap 2....good memories

This first time I went to vintage days was like 2004 and the track was ALOT bigger and it had jumps. Anyone know why they tore it down? Its still a fun event but $50 to ride on a flat field is hard to justify. (although it still does rut up deeper then most Ohio tracks)

I'd like to see the track opened up a little more in the future and maybe actually build a jump or two for the post vintage and non-current guys.

I'd like to see the track opened up a little more in the future and maybe actually build a jump or two for the post vintage and non-current guys.

Don't be think'n us Vintage boys won't jump, cause we will!

"Four Inch Flyers Rock" !!!!!

IMG_1556-X3.jpg

(although it still does rut up deeper then most Ohio tracks)

We had a pretty good disagreement exchange on Marks Vintage site from an AHRMA complainer, that vowed that AHRMA should never do Smith Road again after last summer. His complaint was the mud and ruts.

You're right Chris, The ruts at Mid-Ohio are often as good as you get anywhere!

There was a "real" track built there when Mid Ohio was a D-12 MX track for several years. When they dropped out of regular MX scheduling they plowed the track down.

For what it is, I am always surprised how much fun it is. The Cross Country there is really fun too.

I stumbled on this on Youtube. I didn't race it this day but you can see some of you regulars in the footage.

I had forgotten how much they had to scrape the track to make it ridable after all the rains!

[video=youtube;ATqybULqkps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATqybULqkps[/video]

I saw that a day or 2 after the race. He was one of the first to post. Who's that queer in the pink gear?

This first time I went to vintage days was like 2004 and the track was ALOT bigger and it had jumps. Anyone know why they tore it down? Its still a fun event but $50 to ride on a flat field is hard to justify. (although it still does rut up deeper then most Ohio tracks)

I agree Chris but it's still a fun track for what they had to work with. I ran into you the first year I did that race back in 06 or 07. I believe you were sporting a 83 YZ250

I agree Chris but it's still a fun track for what they had to work with. I ran into you the first year I did that race back in 06 or 07. I believe you were sporting a 83 YZ250
Yeap. That bike was fast but had NO brakes. The track was great. Well great for a flat field. I have a 75 kaw 250 for that race this year (if I get it done) need a new post bike and a trials.

Would be good to hear VLK943's Cross Country story from last July:
View attachment 13996

If I remember right two other guys tried to occupy the same piece of ground I was in. In other words they got in my way, causing me to t-bone one and skip off the other one. I think they had been running first and second at the time. It wasn't my day what can I say?

Back