Chest Protectors

rsim141- What do you think of the TLD? I looked at these after a rock seperated my ribs last year that my current one missed but online reviews were not that favorable. People complained about the screws stripping out when they tried to adjust. Looks to me to be very good in the protection dept. Just curious your take on it. Would love to buy one.

rsim141- What do you think of the TLD? I looked at these after a rock seperated my ribs last year that my current one missed but online reviews were not that favorable. People complained about the screws stripping out when they tried to adjust. Looks to me to be very good in the protection dept. Just curious your take on it. Would love to buy one.

Hi George - I'm kinda nutty on research & trying stuff first-hand before I spend the money and the TLD unit won out over the other candidates that I was considering. I'm lucky to be not too far from Iron Pony so I can get in there and try stuff on to see how it fits and feels. I wear this under my jersey and even on the hottest days it was ok as long as I was moving. I wanted the side protection as well after seeing too many handlebar-related injuries. The plastic backed by foam is pretty sturdy and fits well. I wear a Leatt (but don't tell anyone) and with a piece removed from the front and back it works great. You can't get rammy with the aluminum screws but I haven't had any problems - there's a small bag with a couple of extras.

I see online that the price is down from a year ago so it's an even better deal now!

In December, I picked up 2 AXO youth Rodeo Vests for my boys for 19.99 each from AXO. SHipping was about 10 bucks. As for myself, I have gutted Bauer 2000 hockey pads modified for MX. See ya!

a lot of youth riders i see have the rodeo style chest protectors on now. they offer a lot of protection but must be hot. myself i have worn a chest protector on and off through my time riding. i came from florida where its hot as hell and the roost doesnt hurt at all, heck falling in sand doesnt hurt either! so i got away from wearing a chest protector or even a foamy under thing. but now here in ohio the ground is hard as concrete, the roost hurts and its cool enough to wear a chest protector. i have been using just the foam under gimmick, but am going to invest in another hard plastic protector for the upcoming season. i always liked the HRP protectors and will check out ebay for them, thanks Rocket.

Back