2014 450's

Berkheimer#19

PR Addict
So might be in the market next month to go pick up a new 2014 or left over 13 450. Now I'm partial to my Yamaha's but the 14's just got me in a WTF happened mood haha. Always been a fan of Honda's and owned a kx 80 back in the day. Looking for some guys out look on the new machines. Basically going to come down to Yami, Honda, or Kawi. Not a fan of Rm's or KTMs. lol Thanks guys.

14 kaw is sweet, big size, good suspension
14 yam is sweet, medium size, good suspension
14 Honda is sweet, smaller size, good suspension, softer motor than the other two

14 kaw is sweet, big size, good suspension
14 yam is sweet, medium size, good suspension
14 Honda is sweet, smaller size, good suspension, softer motor than the other two

Ive heard that the new Honda handles awesome (what else would you expect) but to some riders the motor seemed "slow" because of the way that the power comes on, smooooootthhh

I had to laugh at the smooth comment. One of the magazines actually said the 13 Honda was Vet and C class friendly because it was so smooth. They went on to explain that smooth meant under powered compared to the other bikes!

The only way to know what bike to buy is ride one. It doesnt matter what any magazine or rider tells you, you need to find out yourself. Bum rides off people at the track.

I will say the 13 CRF was slow compared to my RMZ, it handled nice but felt cramped to me. The kawi has an awesome motor, it pulled forever! It turned slow in my opinion. Did I say the motor was awesome? The KTM is a dream bike if you can get the suspension dialed as is the RMZ having the same problem. I rode the 13 and 14 YZF. Get the 14 if you buy one. Brutally fast, turns very well and stable. By far the best factory suspension as always.

Again, ride one before buying if at all possible. When you ride them back to back you really notice the differences and how they work for you!

I Have rode the 2012 KX felt comfortable on it and from what I can tell not much has changed since just a few odds and ends. Last Yamaha four stroke Ive rode was my 08 250f lol so no comparisons there. But year right just gotta get a feel to what I like and want I guess. Didnt know if there was any horror stories with any. I know Yamaha's are always a bullet proof bike and hard to kill. Thanks for your guys feed back.

I heard State 8 had KX 13's for 6k out the door if price is an option.

13 and 14 KX450f's are pretty much same bike, but still won 14 shootout in Dirt Rider for whatever that's worth. I'd get the green one, but that's me. Do what you need to man. Just ride. Not thinking you'll be overly unhappy with any of them as long as your expectations are realistic.

Good luck!

13 and 14 KX450f's are pretty much same bike, but still won 14 shootout in Dirt Rider for whatever that's worth. I'd get the green one, but that's me. Do what you need to man. Just ride. Not thinking you'll be overly unhappy with any of them as long as your expectations are realistic.

Good luck!

Yeah thats what I've come to the conclusion of basically just go to the dealer sit on them and pick haha

I am riding the 2005 CRF 450 again this year. I am giving it another coat of plastic surgery. I have passed guys on new bikes and have been passed by guys on older bikes. Buy what you can afford. Good luck.

I can only comment on the Honda, I've been riding them since the 02 crf450. My all time favorite bike was the 06-07, I had a few of them. the 13-14is better in everyway. I will say the motor felt week down low with the stock pipes, but I've never run stock pipes on any of my bikes even back in the 2stroke days. I think the motor is great with the pipes(FMF), and suits my riding perfectly. the suspension and handling are the best Honda has had in a long time. The rest of the bike is typical Honda, very well built.
Just my 2 cents.

You want quality, and well built for the long run, Honda and Yamaha have always been the way to go.

I think you should have vet access now. Not sure if I did it right......i'm still learning the ropes of some of this moderator jazz.

Chuck's gonna have to fix that one. I check you off, it just won't stay checked....

Anyway.....there's a post on vet access about bikes. And I found a few links on craigslist of some clean 450s. But I think you're gonna go new. There's nothing like a brand new bike!

Yeah I've only ever had 1 new bike and that was my 08 yz250f. Love my smoker but wanna get something to go along with it and always good to have both haha.

Hardings Park cycle has 13 yz450f for $5699 plus you get $500 visa gift card and 1 yr rider support. A 14 yz450f is 6899 and you get 500 visa card...ask for Nick tell them Amherst Meadowlarks sent you 330 454 6171
Limited offer to whats in stock

Back