For all the whinners talking about how expensive moto is

hershey

PR Elite
Cant afford the extra $25 for another sanction body card or the extra $5 the track is charging this year to practice?

Took the kids to Disney on ice

Tickets $23 x 3 $69
Parking $12
Convenience fees $20.55
Handling fees $5
Facility fees $9

Thats $116 just to get in the door. Add:

2 cotton candy bags $20
2 Disney toys $37

Thats $173 right? And I went cheap. The nose bleed seats were the only cheaper option at $27 a seat. They went up from mine to $40 then $70 a seat. I didnt buy any drinks or other food. I saw people running around with arm fulls of food and toys.

Motocross is cheap, kids are expensive!!! What a rude awakening! I guess SX is just as bad I just never paid attention before I guess.

If I remember correctly, the 5 SX tickets with pit passes were roughly $325 that we gave away at the banquet. And those were decent seats though. I'm sure the nose bleeds are cheaper. Probably not by much though.

Racing or Disney on Ice, how much do they collect from you if you decide its more than you can afford, and stay home?

I have always thought moto was never the most expensive sport when you look at car racing or go karts or anything like that. Anything that goes fast and delivers adrenaline is going to be expensive within reason. Disney on ice delivers no adrenaline, no speed. You got hosed.

I have always thought moto was never the most expensive sport when you look at car racing or go karts or anything like that. Anything that goes fast and delivers adrenaline is going to be expensive within reason. Disney on ice delivers no adrenaline, no speed. You got hosed.
I made the switch to motocross from road racing. Night and day on cost. Mx is cheap as hell.

Nope, the smiles on the kids faces and the excitement in their voices the rest of the night was well worth the price. No different than mx for me.

Competition Cheer is expensive. My 14 year old cheers on two squads. $300 a month in gyms fees to practice. Competition fees. Uniforms ($350 for one squad, $150 for hip hop), and shoes for practice and competition. Them you have the travel to the competitions and the fuel, hotels and food while there. Usually $25 to get into the competition. This year, Indianapolis, Chattanooga, Destin FL, and then probably 3 or 4 closer to home. My daughter says next year she is giving up the competition stuff and only going to do school cheer. Amen, cant wait for the.

Then every sport the play at school is $150. My son does football, and select basketball. Races motocross......NOTHING about kids is cheap.

The competition cheer though is the one that seems to be ridiculous though.

Maybe if our school districts weren't riddled with double-dip corruption sport participation would be free like the good ole days.

Yea mx is definatley cheaper. My little guy has two expensive bikes but in the grand scheme its no where near the expense....I guess it also depends on your program too.
I came from Drag Racing...Racing a sportsman class and traveling was 40k-50k a year expense assuming normal wear and tear. That was for 6-8 nationals and prob 6-10 local races...Kick a rod in an all aluminum Big Block Chevy and there is another 20k-25k...
My other two children play premier club soccer. With all the fees, tourneys, travel, & gear that is about 10K a year for those two..Its nuts. Everything is just growing out of control all over...

I bought My Girlfriend 2 oval Karts for Christmas The Box stock ones (still cool but not crazy). One is redy to go the other would be a play kart . THEN I LOOKED AT PRICES !!! OMG robbery !! If you wanna ride parts are a must and If you wanna race The price is the price .TRACK OWNERS NEED TO MAKE A LIVING TO just like everyone else .

You know what they say? Who cares if you stay home! Someone else will go.

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice all those new people coming in to take the place of those who were priced out out in the last couple of years.

TRACK OWNERS NEED TO MAKE A LIVING TO just like everyone else .

Agreed. Its too bad they don't make more than what little they do make for the risk involved. If an event is full, and you aren't making enough money, its time to up the prices. If event profitability is suffering from low attendance, increasing prices may increase the problem, and reduce the revenue.

Back