What was your worst crash?

Avster556

PR Member
What was your worst mx crash/injury? My worst was on the Briarcliff C track lol. I was going third gear on the straightaway before the catapult. I got crossrutted and I flew off of my bike. My left side below my ribs was bulging and swollen. No broken bones. Glad to have been okay.

Smith Road, Right in front of Sharc, crested a hill at a pretty good pace, kicked sideways, High speed HIGH SIDE! (KX250 I think)
Nothing broke, but lot of pain for a long time. maybe even a little still now.

Few years back at Davefest. Second gear pinned over about a 20 foot table and front tire hit a rock sticking up. Broken collier bone broken wrist 2 cracked ribs and slight hole in left lung.Oh yeah I think I was knocked out. Lol

Huh... Been so many.... Would be a toss up between middle of hot summer crash over a jump at some private track on a farm in Wilmot... Don't remember what exactly happened just was told I crashed and was laying on side of the track with my eyes rolling in my head... Had collapsed lung and tweaked ankle... Other time was over jumping down a hill in the strip mine and flat landing slamming my head down on bars breaking my jaw... I remember spitting out pieces of my teeth...

Then there was that one time at summit....

Huh... Been so many.... Would be a toss up between middle of hot summer crash over a jump at some private track on a farm in Wilmot... Don't remember what exactly happened just was told I crashed and was laying on side of the track with my eyes rolling in my head... Had collapsed lung and tweaked ankle... Other time was over jumping down a hill in the strip mine and flat landing slamming my head down on bars breaking my jaw... I remember spitting out pieces of my teeth...

Then there was that one time at summit....

And although not as bad as a coptor ride... Waiting on the ground in 90 degree weather in Wilmot for Massillon ambulance wasn't that great either

Scenic highlands?? no wait Crow canyon with pitracer??? no spokes was a life flight... I think Briarcliff was the most damadging, reconstructive wrist surgery, plates and screws..very limited range of motion..that one I feel on a daily basis...would be a lot easier to list the top 5

07 High point Vet Nat. for me. 58 stitches across my face. Every tooth in my mouth came loose to the point were the dentist said they may all fall out. 3 of 4 rotator cuff muscles in my left shoulder were complete detachments, and I'm a left handed carpenter, ha. I have about 60% strength in the arm over my head. I was riding down in Georgia 2 months after waiting for shoulder surgery.

Actually my worst is toss up, once i was at a practice track in killbuck, broke my upper arm completely. It was just dangling when I got up. I got a sling.....I'm dead serious, no cast, a sling. It will be fine they said.

The other was getting spit off at Honda Hills during the start of a race. Climbed tires, got spit sideways. I got back up slowly, rode a lap and pulled off. Being a tough guy a tried to walk it off. Thinking nothing of it, I went home eat dinner at moms, and caught a nap. I was still in school so after my nap I started to head north. I'm driving and I start feeling pressure in my lower back....and I'm getting cold sweats. I'm 45 minutes from the house, so I keep going. Within the next 20 minutes it keeps getting worse. My back is swelling up, and I'm driving hunched over the steering wheel. I made it just over an hour to Dover and hit a rest stop that's not even their now. I remember leaning on the hand rails heavily to get to the building to use the pay phone. Extremely light headed, and feeling like I'm going top pass out I manage to call my buddy at my house in Alliance. He came and picked me up and took me to the hospital. I should have called 911. I got scanned, severe internal bleeding. I got lucky. The knot in my back lasted a month. I tell that story to anyone that refuses to get checked out.

The most embarrassing was hitting Jason Rogers and cartwheeling.......Jason - "are you ok?.....come guys lets get the quad off him".....Me- "arrrrggggghhhhhh". I think I at least cracked some ribs if not broke some. I never confirmed it though.

The sand track on the edge of town?

My list isnt small. right leg twice at scenic, vertebra at home, hand at home, ribs at home (with a footpeg sized peep hole in my side), blown bersa sack in my knee in florida at the mini os..

top 3 pain wise - ribs, high sided on a big kicker double. slid outa the rut on the face while seat bouncing.
back, 30 ft drop off down hill at home,a face like the finish table at bc and a landing like a supercross triple. came up short, rode it out, straight to the couch for a month.
knee, 3rd wide roller that i was wheelin' over. main event, holeshot into a left hand 90 straight into the single. pulled her up too high and was
sling shotted over the bars into orbit. got ran over 5 times too, on video. in no particular order.

or the winner may be the current full blown migranes i get from more concussions than i can count on both hands.

Briarcliff 2011, step up table after the down hill triple. broken rib, lacerated liver, bruised kidney, fractured 2 vertebrae

told to take 1 year off so 6 months later went to Red bud amateur day and take a small spill re-fracturing the vertebrae. who listens to doctors anyway...

or the winner may be the current full blown migranes i get from more concussions than i can count on both hands.

Winner winner chicken dinner... Had my share of those... Had a recent brain mri that shows a lesion or area on brain from past head trauma... I told doc it would be too long for me to list the times I landed on my head... Lol

The sand track on the edge of town?

Yep, I think it was built for gracyk back in the day

I just read your comment on concussions, I bet that I have had at least 3-4 between childhood and football. This was before motocross got real serious. And I bet I have had at least 3-4 in moto, and I never get migranes....I guess I'm lucky there too.

Myself I have plenty, 1990 at Amherst, first turn go T boned from a can am with no brakes, it took out all the ligament in my knee except one, 3 surgery's 6 months of rehab, 2001 got a life flight from Mt. Morris vet ntl. I hit a rock in the first turn and went down, there was 30 bikes behind me a few had no choice and ran over me. I still love this sport and hope for many more years of it to come, at my age of 55.

1995 chasing kx bucks at some crap track down by the Ohio river. 5th gear wide open on the start someone cuts me off (he shall remained nameless). My buddy's want me to leave my truck and drive me home which I refused to do. Half way home I can't stop spitting up blood. Wife takes me to the hospital, bruised lung separated shoulder and broken scapula. Every doctor and nurse that comes into the room, do you know that's the hardest bone in your body to break. I do now.

April 2000, cross rutted landing from a triple and went for the 50' double after it anyway. Shattered right femur and right wrist. I had 4 separate surgeries on my femur over 4 consecutive years, from bone grafts to internal bone stimulators trying to get the bone to heal. It wasn't until the last one in 2004 they decided to pull the old rod out (through my knee) and replaced it with a larger diameter rod. Added to that in 2005 with ACL, MCL and meniscus reconstruction. 2006 tore the same ACL again and had it fixed again. 2009 shredded the meniscus in the same knee but still haven't got that fixed.

broken femur/tib/fib/cracked ankle was probably the worst pain. second close was breaking 6 bones in my foot and getting 5 pins in it...

think im up to 17 broken bones now, 4 being collarbones. 1 has plate and screws.

what is wrong with all of us!!!

Back