Thunder Roads Ohio

HoleshotKTM

PR Addict
Anyone read this magazine? http://thunderroadsohio.wix.com/trocom

If so

How 'geared' to our off road sport do you think this publication is?
What type/ style of motorcycle Rider do you think reads this publication?

Great guy came into the shop fron this publication, Jimmie

He wants me to advertise with them.

When I look at the magazine I think more of Harley riders and not off road..

So I am asking for some advise...is this a magazine that you enjoy reading? Do you subscribe ?
How 'geared' to our off road sport do you feel this is for a KTM Dealer ?

This is a badass magazine. No joke. Never heard of it before Summit. Read a few articles and I'm hooked!

I did have a conversation with Jimmie, they are going full-bore on an effort to expand their Moto side. I would say if you're with them in the beginning it will pay off down the road. They had a Supermini shot on the cover of their mag...they are trying to get into the MX scene. And the staff they have seems very talented and well worthy of making the motocross committment.

Dirt or road.....this mag is where it's at.

I have been contacted to, I would say you will be seeing BC stuff in there too, seems legit. I think it shows how awesome the community of riders really is.

I get it free at the dealers. But it has always been all Harley motorcycling in my opinion. I guess maybe they might be going in a new direction, but not in the past. If it is like it was in the past, I would say, save your money.

Have you actually read the magazine? The tech articles are all by Honda guys, the motocross stuff is obviously not "all Harley", and the features are far more often about metric builds. Looking over the ones in front of me I see a Suzuki cover, two Kaw covers, and a Yamaha sled and motocross on the covers. Sure there are some Harley covers but the reality is that that's what the majority of "motorcycle owners" are riding. And if we are going to GROW our sport - we need to reach beyond the riders we already have.

Obviously this magazine is making money... Ad space sold is 2/3 of content.. General motorcycle magazine imo and limited appeal to mx crowd... But as a wise man once said... There is a ass for every saddle

we(canton biker boyz) have done the sandusky bike week for the last 4 years and every year thunder roads has us in the write ups in the mag, they r stand up people.weve got numerous other shows lined up all from there advertising us at the bike week, so it wouldnt hurt to go with them.but holeshot you def cant be raping people on the parts u sell, charging three times what they cost on ebay.

The only company raping is EBAY. Add in paypal fees(3%), ebay list fees(3%), ebay final sale fees (10% VOMIT). + Shipping.....(NOT CHEAP)

Oh then at the end of the year you need to pay taxes on all those Sales to the government. (28-35%) There's no room to make any money on anything anymore.

Example: I sold a yz 250 stock pipe in pristine shape for $47. After all the damn fees and shipping I got to put about $17 in my pocket! Man was that WORTH IT! Coulda made a cooler wall-piece in the garage.... Cost me $30 to sell the damn pipe.

I should of charged 3 times the amount just to cover the fees and I still would of only made $51. Can't buy a new one for $240.....

we(canton biker boyz) have done the sandusky bike week for the last 4 years and every year thunder roads has us in the write ups in the mag, they r stand up people.weve got numerous other shows lined up all from there advertising us at the bike week, so it wouldnt hurt to go with them.but holeshot you def cant be raping people on the parts u sell, charging three times what they cost on ebay.

cbb brrandon

Raping people on the parts u sell is WRONG, Holeshot is not the cheapest without a doubt, but The parts I need to repair the bike I am working on, are here the next DAY ! They offer something that reminds Me of what it used to be !

cbb brrandon

Raping people on the parts u sell is WRONG, Holeshot is not the cheapest without a doubt, but The parts I need to repair the bike I am working on, are here the next DAY ! They offer something that reminds Me of what it used to be !

Ktm parts have never been cheap. Not the dealers fault.

Back