tire changer stand Who makes a good one?

Although I didnt purchase it locally, I'm sure somewhere local carries or can get it, I have a pit posse stand and it works very well. I used to refuse to change tires, but with that and the stubby tire tools, it is a much easier job.

I used to have one and didn't like it. For me it was easier to change them on the ground on a piece of carpet or cardboard. Probably wouldn't feel the same if I was older and had bad knees lol

The one at HF looks OK and it is cheap (duh, Chinese tools always are). Best investment we ever made was a tire stand. Had one that looked like the pit posse one but it was like 20 years ago so I don't think it was the name brand. The stand and a good set of spoons makes a one hour job down to 15 min. PLUS no back pain trying to do it on the ground or on an old milk crate. Its a must have.

motion pro makes a bitchin tire changing stand that holds an air tank also. gives it some weight and makes it less tippy. the mp stand also has a mini wheel adapater that works good for mini wheels. the pit posse one is ok if you dont change many tires per year.

08-0477_alt1.jpg
paid for many a riding trip with one of these changing tires at the track for $10 a pop. motion pro makes the best tire irons too, the spoon type with wide spoon face. pit posse makes a knock off of these spoons but they bend and break.

This one looks interesting...

TMT2 set for changing tires quickly and easily. The most advandced system to change BIB Mousse or inner tube tires on off-road motorcycle wheels. The Mounting Stand can be easily packed to carry it in the van for changing tires on the weekend at the racetrack. If you have already purchased The Tyre Mounting Tool, you can choose the Set without one with a replacement long self-locking axle. Check out the video and you will see how easily a mousse tire can be changed!
TMT 2 Full Set Beginner – Kit for normal inner tubes, airtubes. Includes Tyre mounting tool, Tyre mounting packable stand, one self-locking pusher
Video demostration here
Price 299EUR + shipping + VAT(in EU)
Also TMT tested 16? tire irons available!
TMT 2 Full Set Pro – For Professionals – Special Set for BIB-Mousse tires. Includes Tyre mounting tool, Tyre mounting packable stand, 4-pcs self-locking pushers
Video demostration here
Price 399EUR + shipping + VAT(in EU) (approx $410 in USD ++ a/o 1.28.14)
Also TMT tested 16? tire irons available!
Buy Now Yours from our web-store
You can pay with PayPal or normal bank wire.
Contact info@tiremountingtool.com

Damn!!! that tire changing stand is sweet! really expensive though. the dollar conversion is wrong though. 299 euro = $408 us dollars. 399 euro = $545 us dollars. plus shipping from europe. if i was doing a lot of mousse tires or a lot of tires in general i would get one.

For $1,100 you can get a Non-Amish electric/pneumatic version.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-TC221-Tire-Changer
ATTC221-5.jpg

This is the one I own and it works fantastic on stiff sidewall motorcycle street radials plus car and truck tires. If you are going to the Indy SX you can pick it up while you're in town and save the shipping charge. Charge your buddies $25 a set and have it payed off before you know it. I have 4 bike lifts plus this tire changer from Greg Smith, all of it is good stuff and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Will those work with MX wheels and tires though?

Yes, I've done several sets of MX tires and Quads too. The town I live in has a small race track ( Midvale Speedway) Every ding dong in this town owns either a quad or junker "race car" I had my changer paid for in about 14 weeks doing other peoples stuff and have been changing my own tires for free since.

the dollar conversion is wrong though. 299 euro = $408 us dollars. 399 euro = $545 us dollars

Thanks for catching that!

They also have a bike stand that looks more stable than others I've seen.

A motocross bike stand that will last forever, is packabe and has a lift. Designed by racers for racers.

Great looks and durability, super strong

Bike lift

Easily foldable to fit into small car or caravan

Special rubber coating plate for maximum grip

Never hurt your fingers between lift lever

Big handgrip to fit bikes handbar to transport bike stand to bikewash for example

Available in different colors
119Euro ++

Back