Thumbs Up

k01

PR Elite
I saw this in MXA.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTION-TEST-RIDER-CHRONICLES-PETE-MALY-W-9935.aspx

And I was reminded of way back when vintage bikes were new and I saw this photo in a magazine.

2708561586_b1c1c5dae3_o.jpg

I was so profoundly influenced that I have been doing thumbs up wheelies on about every bike I've had since that poignant viewing.

'74 913 crop.jpg

I debated whether this post would be thumbs-up wheelies, or Bultacos. Had to be one of the two.

Bultaco would be this iconic ad and thus my avatar.

pomroy_bul_crossup_ad-370x472.jpg

And on every bike since...

Seems all I needed to know I learned while in high school from motocross magazines.

70's dodge long wheelbase 3/4 ton van,crager wheels and chrome west coast mirriors,the greatest dirt bike haulers and the reason I bought the 77 that's still in my garage

I had a 77 with Cragars , paneling , the most hideous indoor/outdoor rainbow stripe carpet ( even on the 2x10 loading ramp ! ) , huge orange MX Fox sticker , and all the chrome emblems had the D , O , and E snapped off so it just said DG not Dodge . Pomeroy was/is my hero and the reason ( along with Gary Bailey ) my first bikes were Bultacos .

Seems all I needed to know I learned while in high school from motocross magazines.

Some people are readers, many are not.
Likewise, I read dirt bike magazines canstantly as a teenager. Cover to cover, and wouldn't throw them away.

Some people are readers, many are not.
Likewise, I read dirt bike magazines canstantly as a teenager. Cover to cover, and wouldn't throw them away.

That was me too. About 6 years ago when I moved to my new house I did a cleaning. I pitched every dirt bike and motocross action mag from the mid 80's through early 2000's. I probably should have kept a few.

Back