Music that reminds you of moto???

Scoob

PR Founding Father
What music reminds you of moto?

For me, Symphony of Desctruction by Megadeath makes me think moto. More specifically MC and Terrafirma 2 I beleive it was. MC was on the Zook in that vid at Coop's place...hitting a huge step up into a wheelie...

Also, when I hear Kryptonite by Three Doors Down I think moto. Can't recall exactly why, but thinking it was in a moto vid too. Either that or the wife and were doing something moto like when the song played and we liked it... ???

Just curious and bored. You don't have to play. I actually expect you to not to. ;)

This brings up good memories from the 90's and early 2000's when I was a little kid. Any time I hear Rush or Heart, I remember falling asleep in Ken Frankenbarry's van while him and my Dad would be driving home from races every weekend. Every time I hear that music now, I can still smell the dirt, fuel, and bikes that I was laying in front of. Now a days, when I'm driving home from a late race, and a song from either of those bands comes on the radio... I get a awesome feeling inside. I can't really describe it.

Also, I have a mix CD I like to play while driving to tracks of songs from the first 3 crusty videos, and mini wars III.

suicidal tendancies, the used, maggot brain (every saturday night on the way home from races), powerman 5000, static x, the megadeath song mentioned above from the same movie.. just a few that instantly popped into my tiny little brain..

So many... Always remember "them bones" by Alice in chains... And the clip it was in on terrafirma... Will never think of anything else

Free to fly! Free to die!!!!

Opening scene of Terrafirma with Johnny Campbell...... hell yes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vM3i-MJBWbE?list=PLNBBvilvPrBNzrE8Sp-FCXyHOYfly975m" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yea, good thread.
When setting on the gate I'm usually humming one of the following:

Metallica.................."Sad but True"
Led Zepplilin............ "Kashmir"
George Thorogood.... "Bad to the Bone"
or
Carly Simon.........."You're so Vain"

:)

Foreigner...Double Vision
Cheap Trick...I want you to want me
ELO...Don't bring me down

All played endlessly on the radio going to and from races in the early days......no ipods, MP3 or CD's had been invented...we were too poor for even cassette tapes in the 1972 Chevy C10........good times, unless my Dad wanted to listen to country music....ugh

Setting on the gate : 2001 A Space Odyssey.... Straight into ACDC Hells Bells... Every moto. Every Race.
If that does not get you ready to race, nothing will.

Metallica - Whiplash
White Zombie - Thunderkiss 65
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Godsmack - Moon Baby
Crazy Town - Toxic
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Buckcherry - Fastback '69
Limp Bizkit - Nookie
Motley Crue - Kickstart my Heart
Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide, Nobody's Real, Supernova
SkidRow - Youth Gone Wild
Spineshank - Synthetic, New Disease
Slipknot - various
The Offspring - a ton of songs

The moto years were good years. Best years of my life I'd say. I don't race or even have a bike anymore now but I really had a lot of fun and there was a lot of really good people around. A lot of that music I don't listen to on a regular basis anymore. Pretty much just if I hear it on the radio I might leave it on. Still listen to Metallica, The Offspring, Avenged Sevenfold sometimes.

yikes....ah....in terrafirma they bleeped out the KKK part with a 2 stroke braaaaap. In my opinion the terrafirma version was better!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z6qNs4GIs94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back