Honda Contingency Added to the Battle!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Honda has included the Battle for Ohio State Championship series in its 2014 contingency program. Get up to Mid Ohio Honda or Honda of Marysville Motorsports and get your new Honda! Like you needed a reason.....

So, that's Honda, Suzuki and KTM.

Unfortunately when I applied the first week of September Yamaha had already set their schedule for 2014. I was too late. They admitted that they did it early this year, and they were interested for 2015.

Nice job on getting the contingency. People will figure out your trying to go the extra step for those races. I sent DMC a message when the Battle schedule came out. Mentioned to them that their two August races were up against, the BoO races. Suggested they look at it, since it said the SW Ohio Series races were still tentative. Kind of fell on deaf ears. Oh well, that's my home track, so they lost 4 entries from my son and I, and many more that will be at the Battle.

I should probably go somewhere else during the battle. Not because the event sucks, but because my family is cursed with injury for that event two years in a row.

I know usually contingency is the last two year bikes so for 2014 it would be 13 and 14 year models. One year they did do three years. Do you know what it will be this year for Suzuki ??

I know usually contingency is the last two year bikes so for 2014 it would be 13 and 14 year models. One year they did do three years. Do you know what it will be this year for Suzuki ??

2 years on Suzuki and Honda, KTM - 2012-2014.

Suzuki did 3 years once because they had release issues on the new model and it was so late and that year model was scarce. I think that was around 2008 or 2009. Other than that it's always been 2 years, current year and previous year. Pretty cool that KTM is covering 3 years, I did not know that.

I think it's awesome that you guys are getting this. It always bummed me out that we had such limited amount of contingency races in Ohio. I used to go to D5 in PA alot chasing YZ bucks when I was racing Yams. I remember one season the guy I travelled with all the time made about $9,000 in Kaw bucks racing the Vet classes!

I will also admit that when you guys announced this for 2014 I immediately went out and checked into getting a new bike so I would qualify! Not sure it's going to work out, we'll see.

I think the local racing scene might actually be more enticing this year than it has ever been. Maybe I won't even waste money on Loretta's. Although, I do have a yamaha which doesn't pay contingency....gr.

Thanks pit. That makes sense. I was checking because Allan just got a new 2012. I have no clue what ktm offers, My bike is way to old.

Hahahaha Pit, this movie was just on the other night! I need to see what KTM is doing about Husky contingency. Before the buy out Husky had a very nice contingency program.

You will need to go through the factory web site to fill out all the info. I think it would be rather difficult to cheat them unless you had a buddy with a bike that qualifies that he didn't sign it up and allowed you to sign it up. Then you would need to race under his name also.

Back