AMA Vintage HS Series Info Posted

Vet261

PR Addict
Short series only in Ohio, but at least they are keeping it going!

I got burned out on all the extensive travel I did last year, I might just do this series this year.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/raceresults/typeindex.asp?year=2014&s=92

Round 1: May 17-18, 2014
Athens, Ohio

Drew Wolfe
Action Sports Racing
(740) 591-7223
dw@actionsportsracing.com
ActionSportsRacing.com

Round 2: May 31, 2014
Chillicothe, Ohio

Scott Clary
Chillicothe Enduro Riders
(740) 649-9026
chillicotheenduro@yahoo.com
ChillicotheEnduro.com

Round 3: July 11, 2014
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio

Chuck Weir
American Motorcyclist Association
(614) 856-1900
Fax: (614) 856-1924
cweir@ama-cycle.org
AmericanMotorcyclist.com

you already know what I am going to say....
AMA strikes again. Ohio gets like 2 or 3 larger events each YEAR and the AMA has to put them all on the same day? Nice work boys.
It took 3 average dudes less then an hour to figure out the schedules conflicted, but the organization that puts it together either did not know or care? Has the internet made it to Pickerington yet? Guess not

It's impossible to not conflict. In reality, there are very few people affected by the fact that there is an AMA Vintage HS on the same weekend as a LL qualifier (probably just me as a racer and Mosher as a ref).

You could pick many events during the season and figure out all the bad conflicts if that's what you're looking to do.

It's impossible to not conflict. In reality, there are very few people affected by the fact that there is an AMA Vintage HS on the same weekend as a LL qualifier (probably just me as a racer and Mosher as a ref).

You could pick many events during the season and figure out all the bad conflicts if that's what you're looking to do.

I've retired from refereeing. I was actually looking at it from an "old man that may race" perspective.

I'm average? LOL. Dang, I need lower your expectations.

Beat me to it Kurt. Been below average all my days, and this certainly don't mean I graduated up :)

Johns probably right on this. Although it would be fun to be at the qualifier, even if I'm not pursuing LL, I'd likely lean toward the Action HS. Just love to race vintage.

But again, who doesn't want to support a LL event at their favorite area track?

Just thankful to have choices.

The Chillicothe vs the AHRMA event, that's a little tougher choice and comes down to how much money I'm comfortable with spending at that time.

I believe that the Chillicothe round is a Saturday event with a District 11 Hare scramble on Sunday. You may check with them but that is the info that I have.

I was just thinking about that on my way to work this morning. It's gotta be awesome!
I let too many great events pass me by, and I need to change that.

And you certainly wreaked havoc last year touring the U.S. with your Maico's.

It kind of sucks though to have to pick and choose one event over another when you'd love to race a short series like the AMA Vintage HS. And I really hope they see a large turnout, to keep the series growing.
I'm not a die hard Hare Scrambler, but I do look forward to the Mid-Ohio race each year now. It's Fun! And much like GP's, they're a blast but you got to show up.

"Average" as in you don't work for the AMA.
We all know your above average.. and way above the normal guy. Or as my doctor says, I'm ab normal.
Welcome to the club, we have cookies.

Anyone know what the classes for the AMA HS series are? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I was planning on racing the '92 RM in this series but I'm not sure if they have non current classes like they do for MX.

Hey John - I have a PDF from the AMA on last years classes but it's too big to attach to this fine website. It says Modern HS is 1983 to 1996 and there are classes for A and B/C for 201 - Open, no age classes in Modern. It clearly says PV is to 1982 or "like design" - always wondered what they would say about my 83 CR as it really doesn't make sense when compared to PVMX. After blowing it up in the GP last fall maybe it's better I don't even think about it! If there is a way to PM me I can send it to you.

How bout this
Class's-2.JPG

Back