Congrats to the US gov....

hershey

PR Elite
For finally having a national debt that exceeds the GDP. But hey, the economy is doing so much better!

See it here

That State of the Union address was nothing but a waste of my time. Nothing but a used car salesman up there trying to lie to me and have me believe things are going so well. And the most annoying republican response, I want to puke listening to that lady. If she is going to be speaking for the republicans I guarantee they wont elect anyone!

The 2 party system needs abolished

How dare you post something with numbers and percentages... You know we never let facts get in the way of a good lie.
Now open your wallet and stick your head back in the sand. Overlord Obama will let you know how things are going.

That State of the Union address was nothing but a waste of my time. Nothing but a used car salesman up there trying to lie to me and have me believe things are going so well. And the most annoying republican response, I want to puke listening to that lady. If she is going to be speaking for the republicans I guarantee they wont elect anyone!

So you see through him...

So you see through him...

[video=youtube;Y7hyUucbmj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y7hyUucbmj4[/video]

I wish I would of never voted for that SOB. I can't believe how stupid I was in 2008. Attending classes at the University of Toledo where my professors basically preached liberalism as holy and conservatism as a mortal sin.

The only professor I had that was smart was my IT professor. Had a huge sticker on his podium that read: NOBAMA. And I thought he was a jerk for having that sticker. I was so wrong, and that guy was so right. Thanks college! Thanks Obama.

Interesting that interest as a percent of GDP has barely changed during the time
they calculated it. Highest 4.8% during Bush 1, lowest 2.7% during Bush 2 and Obama.
Why didn't they calculate it during Reagan years?

No news to me that the highest growth rate in the national debt, by a fair
margin, was during Reagan.

The 2 party system needs abolished

Well, two parties might be OK, just not these two.

Mike, I take it your a younger dude??? The Reagan years debt was driven by the cold war. Reagan (The greatest Prez in my life time) spent tons of money bolstering our defense to the point the Soviets could not keep up and basically crumbled. Yes, it cost a lot of money BUT, Its was all very much worth it. Ronnie says "your welcome"
The stat I would like to see is how much Ronnie spent on defense vs. How much Nobama has spent on Healthcare and taking care of the millions of worthless humans standing with their hands out.

Mike, I take it your a younger dude???

Yea, that's it.

The Reagan years debt was driven by the cold war.

The Raygun year's debt was driven largely by the tax cuts instituted during his terms
which Bush 1 then had to raise again to avoid even huger deficits. Yes, he and
congress outspent the Soviets though by the end of his presidency military
spending was going down quickly, well before the fall of the Berlin wall and
the falling apart of the Soviet Union.

The stat I would like to see is how much Ronnie spent on defense vs. How much Nobama has spent on Healthcare and taking care of the millions of worthless humans standing with their hands out.

Now as some of these people are looking at their healthcare options, many of these people don't want Nobama care either.

Come on Mike Most dudes on here that are democrats tend to be younger... Therefore I assumed you were as well. Looking forward to meeting you in person. Always wondered what and OLD dumbass looked like. :p

Wait, just so you understand... That was a joke...

No matter what a president does, half the people like it and half hate it. Its got to be a tough job.

I don't think Sturd is a democrat....or a republican. His crazy haired in-law that I work with says he's real good at stirrin' the pot. :)

Anyhow....President Raygun...lol. The geo-stationary satellite weapons?

Anyway, ck, my US history professor in high school skewed me to believe Reagon and his trickle down theory was all bullshit and didn't work, and he was a terrible president. But nobody died when clinton lied.....so he was the greatest ever.

That US history teacher is now drawing out of his retirement and living in Columbus as an elected state representative....retired on our dime and getting paid our dime again. I guess that's ok though, I mean...he put in his 30 years of crap to all the children in Jefferson High School to precede his political agenda.

Trickle down works. It is how the world has run forever.
Trouble is in the USA, everyone wants to be the rich, like Justin Bieber and not do any work to get money.

He who catches the most money falling down will one day make it rain money. But you have to take a chance and pay your dues first.....

We are running out of money to trickle down.

Clinton.........he ruined the us forever with NAFTA and japta and every other TA I can think of... trade border he opened up...

Im done you guys get me everytime..

I don't think Sturd is a democrat....or a republican. His crazy haired in-law that I work with says he's real good at stirrin' the pot. :)

Goddamnit. I gotta talk to him about talking to you.

Anyhow....President Raygun...lol. The geo-stationary satellite weapons?

I have a friend that still works on Star Wars crap. $7.5 Billion last year to defend us from Klingons.

True story. Sitting around the campfire, 1995 or so, Magdalena, NM. A few frosty malted
beverages have been inhaled after a 150 mile day in Rio Salado (a huge dry wash). Mr. Star
Wars tells me about a picture, he'll show me when we see each other again in a couple
weeks, of a Ruskie satellite. You can see the hex bolts, count the sides of them, holding on
the solar panels. Picture was taken FROM THE GROUND!

A week later, I'm home in the office and get a call. "Hey, did I say something stupid when
we were drinking? I just flunked a security clearance lie detector test". I remind him of
the picture, which I still hadn't seen. He passed the re-test the next day.

I am curious when the "we can't spend more than we make" will be instituted for 1 hour (or day, week, month, year, etc). Can that not be done? Clinton did have a surplus and the debt seems to double/sky rocket since. I'm a youngin', but I still haven't found a way to buy a $3,000,000 house on $30,000 a year. Debt can be a good thing to grow a business or a country, but at what point does one say, "we can't borrow any more money!"

We are running out of money to trickle down...

Ah, don't worry it'll be OK, the feds print'n extra bills everyday just in case. :)

I am curious when the "we can't spend more than we make" will be instituted for 1 hour (or day, week, month, year, etc). Can that not be done? Clinton did have a surplus and the debt seems to double/sky rocket since. I'm a youngin', but I still haven't found a way to buy a $3,000,000 house on $30,000 a year. Debt can be a good thing to grow a business or a country, but at what point does one say, "we can't borrow any more money!"

Might wanna be careful on the Clinton claims. If I'm remembering right most of that was projected surplus, so not sure how much actually materiallized and probably depends on which committee's calculator was used. America was also paying really high tax rates at the time supporting federal spending which in turn helped get the economy on a roll. So we all paid for that.

But also if I'm remembering correct, Reagan handled the recession years for us and helped lay the groundwork for future growth that we all enjoyed.
But if you also recall the tax rates were so high during Clinton years that when Bush 2 came to town the clinton economy had already begun losing it's steam and he got the tax checkbook out and gave some back to american taxpayers, not once but twice. I still have copies of the checks in a file at home. Never forget that, never seen that happen before.

And then Clinton and his congress ( and all of their banking and investor wall street buddies) let the Glass-Steagal act of 1933 expire which eventually led to our wonderfull 2008 economic meltdown.

Help me here sturd.... get the facts on this :)

Ah, don't worry it'll be OK, the feds print'n extra bills everyday just in case. :)

Might wanna be careful on the Clinton claims. If I'm remembering right most of that was projected surplus, so not sure how much actually materiallized and probably depends on which committee's calculator was used. America was also paying really high tax rates at the time supporting federal spending which in turn helped get the economy on a roll. So we all paid for that.

But also if I'm remembering correct, Reagan handled the recession years for us and helped lay the groundwork for future growth that we all enjoyed.
But if you also recall the tax rates were so high during Clinton years that when Bush 2 came to town the clinton economy had already begun losing it's steam and he got the tax checkbook out and gave some back to american taxpayers, not once but twice. I still have copies of the checks in a file at home. Never forget that, never seen that happen before.

And then Clinton and his congress ( and all of their banking and investor wall street buddies) let the Glass-Steagal act of 1933 expire which eventually led to our wonderfull 2008 economic meltdown.

Help me here sturd.... get the facts on this :)

Wow.

Just Wow.

For anybody that isn't willing to do the research (it would take 4-5 minutes max with the
interweb), all of the above is close enough to sound right but thoroughly wrong.

I don't need to do the research as I did it THEN and still remember.

I can't resist

Clinton and the republican congress had a REAL surplus.

Tax rates were lower then than in the 50s or 60s thanks to Raygun.

Raygun layed the groundwork for huge deficits that Bush 1 and congress
had to correct by raising taxes which lead to Bush 1's defeat. Tax
rates still lower than 50s and 60s.

Yea, Bush 2 sent us checks. And increased the deficit.

Clinton and that idiot senator from Texas who's name I can't remember
REPEALED Glass -Steagall.

Phil Graham. ****ing idiot. How could I forget?

Thank you sturd, I knew we'd get closer. :)

I do still recall the discussions and disputes by economist of the time if the surplus was fully realized or not. Still don't matter cause our government can't live on a budget to this day, regardless of party prominence.

Despite all of the jobs created during the Clinton years, I wonder how happy all of the military and federal employees (many dedicated their entire adult lives only to be kicked out) were during the Clinton years when he downsized the military and closed all of the bases, which affected even my home town. A lot of our friends and neighbors lost out or were forced to retire when our local base got privatized. But yes, I do remember the $3500 hammers and wasteful spending.

Oh and lets not forget the millions and millions of dollars wasted tracking and processing all of the legal battles surrounding all of the Clintons scandals. Remember independant councils, Ken Starr and the damned impeachment. And that god forsaken Blue Dress. How proud we Americans were during the international evening news.

And the economy definitely was petering out at the end of Clintons 2nd term.

Oh' and thank you for the Glass Steagal Act correction. You're right on that. They did repeal it. ......... It was intentional! And furthermore, G.W. Bush gets a black eye for doing nothing to correct it over the next 8 years! Not to mention piss poor federal regulations. Bush Jr allowed Bernie Madoff to blossom.

The attack of 9-11 threw Bush Jr's presidential plans an unexpected curve ball. There wasn't many Americans that would spare a dime to fight terrorism at the time, despite deficits, debt and budget woes.

And sadly............... The future of American politics just looks like more of the same, .......... and then some.

Back