Holeshot Device

PR Member
I have mixed thoughts on these I seem to have just as good of a start without one as with. Not really sure its worth the money. Whats you thoughts

For amateur racing I'd say just get over the bars.

My holeshot device is my CRF engine, my brain, and my hands. It's a kit.

I have mixed thoughts on these I seem to have just as good of a start without one as with. Not really sure its worth the money. Whats you thoughts

Depends on your hight. Under 5'10"...get it. I am 5'7" and cannot put both feet flat footed at the line without it. Without it, I am a one foot starter and come out squirelly more than likely... Depends on how good you are coming through the pack...

I think they allow you to make more errors on the line and still pull the holeshot. . . Or still have a good jump. When I was actually racing hard every weekend all those years before 2005 I think that launch device really helps.

On concrete starts it doesn't help much. I found that you just have to sit with your weight over the pegs and creep off the line then get on it hard once you're in the dirt. Except when you're at Pleasure Valley, the button is needed because they have the gnarliest rough broom finish a concrete start has ever seen, you can light it up off that start without burning a few moto's off the tire.

Helps the small guy. But I'm sure Ricky Carmichael would need a holeshot launch jack because of that belly.

Depends on your hight. Under 5'10"...get it. I am 5'7" and cannot put both feet flat footed at the line without it. Without it, I am a one foot starter and come out squirelly more than likely... Depends on how good you are coming through the pack...

EXACTLY. I am not tall enough to get up over the bars without one.

EXACTLY. I am not tall enough to get up over the bars without one.

Is that why you guys are always saying at the riders meeting: "C'MON, MAKE US 6TH MOTO AT LEAST, BUT NO LATER THAN 8TH, BECAUSE I WANNA TOUCH THE GROUND AT THE GATE WITHOUT BLOCKS BUT ALSO WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE AT A DECENT HOUR!!!"

This must have been interesting..

image.jpg

Back