Houston SX anyone?

KTM5555

PR Addict
So has anyone ever gone, or is planning on going to Houston this year?

The Army has me stationed in Fort Polk right now, and Houston is the closest to me here. If I put in for leave now I will be able to go. What was your experience like in Houston for the SX? Great environment? I plan on bringing my 2 year old daughter and my 8 month preggy wife. Any advice on great hotels with in walking distance?

Arlington would be the next closest but that is way farther than Houston. So I'm just looking for some feedback on the whole area. THANKS!

Chris,

My wife's mom lives in Houston. She is a SX aficionado/nut. She flew to Houston last year to visit her mom and went to the race on her own. The stadium is in a safe part of town, parking is reasonable, and traffic wasn't too bad. The race was not close to sold out and I picked up a nice seat for her at less than face value. She took a Monster drink for a donation and got into the Pit Party for free - so didn't have to buy a Pit Pass. She was able to meet Andrew Short(her favorite) and Brock Tickle. The pit and the track were a bit far apart so she said it was a little tough to get back and forth between practices and the pit quickly.

She liked the stadium for watching the race. It is not as steep as Lucas in Indy so she thought most of the sections should have good views. She liked it better than St. Louis.

It was one of her favorite venues. Or maybe it was because I wasn't with her???? Nah, couldn't be!

You should have a blast. Thank you for your service. My wife and I appreciate it. If you decide to go, let me know and it would be a privilege and a small thank you for my wife and I to send you 3 tickets to the race.

DanO

I haven't the slightest clue who you are Dano762. But the last part on giving him tickets for his service to our country really was cool. Great job man

Hey DanO, thanks for the information. Are you planning on going to Houston this year?

The safety and traffic is my concern. My wife will be ready to explode by then, and my daughter will almost be 2. Also, they give you free pit pass admission if you recycle a monster energy drink? Seems like a good deal there. My wife wants to meet Windham so bad. I plan on putting in my mileage pass tomorrow.

The thank you from everyone is appreciated, and the tickets offer is the coolest thing ever, but its not something I except or is it something you have to do.

Does the Monster energy can have to be full? Still that's a good deal....I mean it's $2 admission to pits then.....

We won't be at Houston this year. My son moved to Seattle last fall and we are planning to visit him in April. It is such a coincidence that our visit to him just happens to be around the same time as SX.

My wife and I were wondering when you said your wife was 8 months pregnant if you wouldn't be a second time dad by April.

I pulled this off the Supercross Online site. It says you can bring at empty can for free admission to the pit.

Don’t miss your chance to meet the riders and get autographs at the Pit Party. Just recycle any empty Monster Energy can at the Pit Entrance for your free admission to the Pit Party from 12:30PM - 6:00PM with a valid Saturday, April 5, 2014 ticket.

Pit Passes also available to purchase for $10 at the Reliant Stadium Box Office all Ticketmaster Outlets, online at
www.ticketmaster.com or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000

Come April she will be 8 months pregnant, and it will be my second daughter. Her Caesarean section is in May.

I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of the monster energy can pit pass. That's awesome.

We're hoping Kdub14 will be there signing some autographs.

Third one will most certainly be a boy!! Congrats on your second child. I can't imagine the stress of having kids.

Back