Walmart MX Department

Guess FMF is not too happy about it.

Thanks for your concern and comments, we are aware that FMF Racing branded products have recently begun to appear on the Sears and Wal-Mart Marketplace websites - offered by a third party. This is similar to third party posts on Amazon and E-bay.

We do not agree with, nor do we endorse, this manner of advertising and selling of FMF Racing products. We are looking into this and consulting certain advisors and other professionals to resolve the matter in the best interests of loyal local dealers, nationwide wholesale distributors, and all FMF customers worldwide. Thank you.
FMF Racing

Kawasaki is sold at our local Sam's Club. Guess I will be getting a Wallyworld bike in a few years since all the bike shops are dying anyhow........

Someone started listing our products (which are not normally sold directly to consumers) on Amazon listed with our internal part#'s. After 3904394 phone calls and e-mails.. Amazon told us to pound salt.

How is that possible? Where are they getting your product ? If its your product to sell how can they sell it without your permission?

How is that possible? Where are they getting your product ? If its your product to sell how can they sell it without your permission?

Because amazon (like wal-mart) allows third party selling on their website. It was a rather large customer of ours doing the listing.

Because amazon (like wal-mart) allows third party selling on their website. It was a rather large customer of ours doing the listing.

Bill.....Sounds like an opportunity to....uh..."adjust" their price.

Hershey, barring contractual situations, it is not usually legal to force a customer in good standing to sell/not sell into market segments they choose to operate in. For sure you can ask (in the interests of good business) that they discontinue selling through certain channels.

You also have a choice, as a supplier, to sell certain customers or not, certain products or not, and at prices commensurate with the market (and market levels) served.

I understand all that. It's just wrong for your customer to sell your product for a profit when giving them volume discounts for in house use.

My solution....sell to Walmart at 10% less then your customer...make more profit there and screw that customer. They won't sell to them if you are cheaper

I understand all that. It's just wrong for your customer to sell your product for a profit when giving them volume discounts for in house use.

My solution....sell to Walmart at 10% less then your customer...make more profit there and screw that customer. They won't sell to them if you are cheaper

Exactly why I mention the opportunity to "adjust" their prices......that would be my solution.

My grandfather showed me this a few weeks ago because I was talking about firing up a business I had set to roll out about this time last year.........

56413.jpg

Someone started listing our products (which are not normally sold directly to consumers) on Amazon listed with our internal part#'s. After 3904394 phone calls and e-mails.. Amazon told us to pound salt.

Does your company have any pricing policies?

Our company has MAP (minimum advertised pricing) as an integral part of our distribution. Amazon's open platform actually helps us police these policies in North America kinda like Alibaba does on a world-wide level. As a stocking vendor with Amazon, our business is growing at a high rate, unfortunately their growth is simply a shift in business...

I use Alibaba as a tool for international pricing as well as finding counterfeit products of which are becoming more prevalent. For those not familiar with Alibaba, they happen to be bigger than Amazon and E-Bay combined!!!

I see nothing wrong with it IF, the pricing stays near retail. Keep it in the target profit margin.

Amazon is just going to have to split the profit with Bill's true dealer.

Back