13 450sxf Hydraulic Clutch Engage Pressure

ddmx488

PR Addict
13 450sxf Hydraulic Clutch Disengage Pressure

Would anyone happen to know the hydraulic pressure required to disengage a stock 2013 KTM 450sxf clutch? I quickly took some rough measurements of the force to depress the clutch lever and then back calculated to get the pressure but without proper design specs my calcs are definitely off. I'm wondering if anyone has ever been down this road. A few calls to KTM Austria and I didn't get very far (didn't even get on the phone with an english speaking tech).

Any help would be much appreciated! It will definitely save me some precious time testing if I knew that pressure.

I do...Why do you ask?

That would be ZERO Hydraulic pressure.. Why?

Because in the static state, a 2013 KTM 450 will always have the clutch engaged. The pulling of the clutch leaver causes the clutch to disengage.

I got my wording backwards, you are correct on the engage/disengage. Thanks for the quick response but maybe I should have phrased my question a bit differently.

If you were to add a gauge to the hydraulic clutch line and pull the clutch lever, what pressure would the gauge read? That ultimately is the information I'm after.

And to answer your first question, I'm developing a product for this bike and need this information to design it properly with minimal rework. :) There are multiple ways to get the information if I were buy the proper tools but if someone were to already know that would save me time and money!

Ah....understand. That's what I thought you were getting at.
When I read the OP I was trying to imagine how an Austrian tech would ever figure out what you were asking......haha.

Don't know the pressure inside the system. It would / could be dependent on where you check. The pressure is one thing and then how it acts on the size / dia of the pancake cylinder is another.

Curious on what you are developing....

Thanks for the help Marc! I've got the question out on a few different site so we'll see what I can come up with.

Back