Summit Indoors - Grip It and Rip it!

Strouble

PR Addict
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

Good ol' Summit Indoors. This year in 2014, marks 20 years these events have taken place annually. Promoted by Patriot Promotions and sanctioned by the Competition Riders of America. The CRA was started as per the following quoted out of their rule book...

"In 1982, several local track promoters joined together to form the Competition Riders of America. Their main objective was to organize and create a family atmosphere with friendly and competitive competition for all riders. While the sport and the machines we compete on have changed a great deal over the last 30 years, our goals and objectives have not."

Summit Indoors is always fun, especially with the winter we have had. Now that I have a bike, the itch to ride is really strong, just like many of you. This final round means we are really close to the start of the outdoor season. This event gets us out of the house and into some roost. Always a crowd favorite and with a huge practice turnout last night...this weekend is looking promising. The track is pretty sweet which was designed by Jeremy Bee. A large 72' triple (which is gonna require some tweaking today) is in place. Jacob Berger and Logan Pfleiderer both attempted the big leap and came up short on 250's. They say a 450 would make the leap no problem.

One of the coolest things I like about Summit is watching all the kids play on the track in between practice and racing. RC cars are usually flying around the track and some kids dancing to the music. Intermission is looking really good for Saturday day night for a few reasons. First off, Deegan Bee will be front and center in a RC car race titled "Race with Deegan!" Deegan sustained a career ending injury last summer that has relegated his family to the sidelines of motocross indefinitely. However, once you fall in love with riding, their is no turning back. I imagine their will be 10+ RC cars in the race. Then we have Clint Zentner coming in Saturday night to hitch a ride in a Polaris RZR that will be provided by Bair's Polaris Victory for the show. Clint has come a long way in his recovery from a spinal cord injury sustained while racing. If you see Clint rolling around, say hello, he is a laid back dude and always smiling. Then we have tons a freebies to be tossed to the crowd from Kames Sports...we will have prolly close to $1500 in freebies altogether...be ready to scream.

In the years I have been around these parts and getting to know folks...the MX family is something special. I am very glad to be apart of it. We have our ups and downs, but at the beginning and end of the day, we are here for each other. We have a safe place in a dangerous world. Seeing kids grow up into young adults, building life long friendships, and just plain old living life is really cool. With people like Deegan and Clint, and charity events; these things help keep us grounded and appreciative. Bring on some motocross!

So folks, its time for some racing to scratch the itch! Come on out and show some moto love! Weather is gonna be warm and the atmosphere welcoming. Let's rip it up folks. Thank you to Patriot Promotions and CRA for giving us some moto therapy in these cold days. See you at the track! BRAP!

Everything is shaping up nicely for today. Track is sweet with the changes made to the triple. Their was about 12 pros last night. Supercross will be played live on two projectors. Wayne said their is about $5000 in freebies altogether. Deegan and Clint are ready to go and the sun is shining. Hope to see ya there! Brap!

Back