Stolen bikes!!!

This past weekend we went to Palmetto in South Carolina to practice. Sunday morning between 2AM and 8AM three bikes were stolen out of the back of Brian Japser's truck in the hotel parking lot. The hotel was located in Columbia, South Carolina. The truck was parked in front of a window which was visible to the workers in the lobby, and was backed up so the tailgate could not be opened. The thieves unloaded the three bikes out the bed side, and cut the tie down straps with something very sharp (it was a clean cut). In the process they unhooked our buddies trailer from his truck and tried to spin the trailer around so they could hook up to it. However, it was parked against the curb so they couldn't spin it. The police were called and they were useless, I had to force them to take a description of the bikes and before they left they said "we will do everything we can do to find your trailer". (We didn't have a trailer). We talked to the hotel and they do have security cameras but they cannot be viewed until the owner comes and watches them. This wasn't just your average punk kids stealing a couple bikes, this was an operation with many people and a couple vehicles involved, they have done this many times before.

Among the stolen bikes was my 2013 Honda CRF 250R, Brian Jasper's 2010 KTM 250XC, and his 2011 KTM 350SX.

My CRF 250R had all red plastic with a white rear fender with the number 24x on it and the name Tyler Lynn, a yellow factory connection shock spring, works connection clutch perch, black powder coated wheels that were pretty chipped up, unique powder coated silver vein hubs, yoshimura rs4 exhaust system, red renthal sprocket, double button holeshot device, red axel blocks, and an after market rear brake rotor. My number is (740)-683-5636

The KTM's had oversized gas tanks, and the one had an 18 inch rear wheel which is unusual. I don't have much info on the KTM's but for more info you can give Brian a call. (740)-319-6921

We are sickened by this. If anyone can give us any information the leads to the finding of these bikes there is a cash reward of $1000 dollars for each bike found. Please spread the word! Thank you! If you hear or see anything please contact us!
The only picture I have is of the Honda. IMG_8641.jpg

If they make their way to Florida and I see them ill pull a repo job.

Sorry to hear this man. You gotta take the bikes into the hotels. Bikes are easy scores. Set up a sting in 6 weeks at the hotel. They'll be back. . .you won't find them with the police. You'll find them yourself if you find them at all.

That is too bad, sorry to hear it. You would think it took at least a few minutes and made some noise lifting 3 bikes over the side of a truck. Hopefully the hotel security cameras will reveal something. I'll watch for them on Craigslist.

Georgie is right about taking them into the hotel and probably right about the police not putting much effort into helping find them. Is the hotel close to a track? If it is, somebody at the track might know something. The thieves might hit that hotel regularly. It doesn't sound like a random crime of opportunity but seems more organized.

I get some strange looks when I roll a bike into a hotel elevator or sneak one past the front desk. I started using a long cable and looping it through the bike and then the cab with a lock. I worry all night and probably wake up ever 30 minutes to look out the window. Its back to taking inside for me.

Athens Vintage Motocross 2013 047.jpg

Dang......I insure mine hoping it gets stolen so I can buy a new one! And no one ever bothers it!!

Back