Northeast Qualifiers

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Anyone planning on doing any of the early Northeast qualifiers? Was hoping to catch Tomahawk, but with the Detroit SX the weekend after we may have to wait until Sleepy Hollow.

I was hoping to hit Tomahawk too but it will still be froze in the am and a mud hole when it thaws. Next weeks weather is supposed to be like this week.

Can't wait...some of the best racing we do is at the area qualifiers and regionals..regardless if we earn a trip to Lorettas, we will be at several. Too much fun!

Braaaap
DSC_0459.jpg

Last year tomahawk was postponed because of snow. This year isn't looking much better. Too early for a track in the mountains of WV it seems.

That's what I mean. You would think they could even cut back on the areas if necessary and have them all in May and first of June. Regionals in last two weeks of June and first two weeks of July, and go. And IF they quit allowing people to ride all the different areas, and require them to only run the areas in which they actually live, you could accomplish this. But the way it is set up, that will never happen. And it is all about the $$$$$ (just as Knox) for the combs family, so therefore the cash cow is going to stay in place, just as it is. Too many suckers out there running all across the country running every area and regional.

That's what I mean. You would think they could even cut back on the areas if necessary and have them all in May and first of June. Regionals in last two weeks of June and first two weeks of July, and go. And IF they quit allowing people to ride all the different areas, and require them to only run the areas in which they actually live, you could accomplish this. But the way it is set up, that will never happen. And it is all about the $$$$$ (just as Knox) for the combs family, so therefore the cash cow is going to stay in place, just as it is. Too many suckers out there running all across the country running every area and regional.
Bingo. It will never change.

I'm waitin till briarcliff. Earlies are too unpredictable with weather.

Yeah, the bear of it is I'm probably not going to make BC nor would I be ready. We shall see, but the writing on the wall isn't looking like I'd like it to...

Oh it would change if there was competition. THAT is way we need another organization to govern moto. Having a qualifier before a single race has been run in the area is proof it's nothing more then a cash grab. It's a shame that the one race that every wants to win has nothing to do with making the sport better. It's just a big plan on how can they pull more money out of the riders and parents.

Great point. Most areas start before many people have had a chance to get back to riding in this area.

You know, that's NOT a great point and I get so sick of hearing you cross dressers @#%$ (edit) about every last daggon (edit) thing on this earth. Now if you were in the Coombs family tree and were reaping the benefits of what they have put together, would you be whining and moaning so? I mean, if peeps didn't WANT to go to these races and/or try to have them, they wouldn't. Tracks wouldn't accept the chance to hold the race and racers wouldn't attend them and pay the cash to travel and pay the entry fees. No one is forcing them to go and pay and play. It's a pure choice! Gotta love america! It's called free enterprise, not charity or wellfare. Guess some peeps just do not love it and the opportunity it can provide...

And for the ability to go to multiple regions, that just gives the folks that can do that many more chances to make sure they get their spot in the line up. We have some on this board that do that where if they won in another region, you'd be first in line to give them a pat on the back and say good job...hypocrite. If they bump someone out of their own region they deserve to go and the one that got bumped, well, they just weren't fast enough dammit! Get faster so you can beat him next time is all I got to say about it...

Am I hear whining 'cause I am probably not going to be able to race an area and qualify for Loretta's even though I would love the chance to? Hells to the no. Am I blaming the Coombs familia for getting so wealthy and putting all these races on and getting more wealthy? Hells to the no, more power to them! I am just thankful someone like the Coombs saw the chance to put these races on and make a few bucks on the side as well. Do I hate the fact they beat me to it? Maybe. Am I bitter? Hells to the no...

Am I PO'd I can't sleep and I am up in the middle of the night responding to you idiots? Hells to the yeah! ;)

Beware anyone who wants to make some cash in the MX industry. John250, ck1racerx, and others will gripe about you. You worried? Good. The Coombs family isn't either...

There, you got under my skin and you stirred the pot well for me. What else you got?... :)

Tomahawk was a mess last weekend looked more like a harescramble track with several crick crossing

Back