Well, it's over. Daytona SX was the turning point...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I'm thinking the competative SX season is over. Still "might" be some good racing...maybe, could be, probably not, but the championship is definately RV's to loose. He was riding OK at best most of the season and still leading the charge, but las night, well, I feel he waxed the competition and at best the competition had a lackluster attempt to call what they did racing.

Sure, track was tough. Kawasaki was dominating the Honda sponsored event. Still do not like Alessi and wish he would get off the track...kinda. Although I am sour he somewhat took out Bubba, it was not his fault, but Bubba's for getting such a poor start and being behind Alessi to begin with. I would have though Bubba might have come back further than he did, but either he must have been further back than I thought (guess they did change the headpipe or something which takes a few minutes) and/or he just kinda gave up. So much for the 4 way battle to the end if RV made a big mistake...

All in all, I suppose I am happy. I mean the best looking bike out there is going to wrap up another championship. I like RV, but would have liked to see a run to the end and Bubba to have been a part of it. Reed too. The makings of the greatest season ever just evaporated though I am not all that happy about it. Before Indy, racing was tops. Now, well, it's just the same ol', same ol'. I'll still watch for sure, hoping for some great racing, but just won't have the "I can't wait until Saturday" vibe it had before last night...

Good stuff. Bring on spring/summer and some MX baby!!! :)

Oh, and we're heading down there next year. Making a little vacation out of it. May have to tone down the Indy trip...maybe... ;)

I'm not sure it's over . RD , Roczen , and Bubba have all had their " bad races " to overcome ( Well , more than one for Stewart . Surprise , surprise . ) . Poto hasn't had his yet . Anything could happen ; crash, mechanical , laser pointer . I'm sticking with Dungey . Too bad Reed isn't in the mix .

Thoughts on little Stewart's anger towards Barcia? Malcom pushed Barcia with both hands as he ran back to his bike. The proceeded just to loop his bike out onto Barcia once he got it up. Extremely poor sportsmanship if you ask me.

I'm not sure it's over . RD , Roczen , and Bubba have all had their " bad races " to overcome ( Well , more than one for Stewart . Surprise , surprise . ) . Poto hasn't had his yet . Anything could happen ; crash, mechanical , laser pointer . I'm sticking with Dungey . Too bad Reed isn't in the mix .

True. Anything could happen. Heck, RV could break a leg in St. Louie. Let's hope not (knocking on my wooded head...). I'm just going with the Vegas odds...

Thoughts on little Stewart's anger towards Barcia? Malcom pushed Barcia with both hands as he ran back to his bike. The proceeded just to loop his bike out onto Barcia once he got it up. Extremely poor sportsmanship if you ask me.

http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?12094-Mookie-vs-Barcia&p=109626#post109626

Yeah, I have to agree with the poor sportsmanship, but like the passion. he was running decent and wanted to do well I am certain. Kids...

Agreed Mr. Scoob , with RV2 being a little over a whole race up on 2nd place he basically possesses a throw away race . He was on it last night , looked like Ryan of last year . Don't wanna wish the guy bad but Vegas would be great if a few guys had a shot at the title in the season ending race . Great season regardless !

On a 250 note even tho ac didn't get the win he still rode well . Great kid , awesome attitude . Can't wait to see him mature, get on a 450 and start going after the record books !

Agreed Mr. Scoob , with RV2 being a little over a whole race up on 2nd place he basically possesses a throw away race . He was on it last night , looked like Ryan of last year . Don't wanna wish the guy bad but Vegas would be great if a few guys had a shot at the title in the season ending race . Great season regardless !

Yep. Was my hopes exactly, but I like RV and am confident he'll just ride it home. Well, stop off at the bank on the way...

On a 250 note even tho ac didn't get the win he still rode well . Great kid , awesome attitude . Can't wait to see him mature, get on a 450 and start going after the record books !

I do agree with that. Next Team Green star. Exit RV...enter AC...

Also, man, has Hot Saucey had a rough couple of weeks or what? Bummed for him. Well, not as much as for ET, but hate to see anyone go down. Definately an accomplishment for anyone who makes it through the season unscathed...

Likes RV's comment from the heat race win towards Alessi, "Couldn't let him get another one!" Too funny.

Sometimes those thoughts come into my mind at our local races...that its just another race...big whoop. Then I throw that thought out my head after 2.5 seconds and remember this is motocross...I love it!

I think the only hope everyone else has if they make the rest of the tracks hard pack and slick. That seems to be the only thing that brings him to more human levels

I think the only hope everyone else has if they make the rest of the tracks hard pack and slick. That seems to be the only thing that brings him to more human levels

RV still hasn't has anything worse than a 5th this year...

one DNF for whatever reason, if dung or KR took the win, theyd be right back there.. not over yet!

No, technically speaking it's not...

Yeah, you're right. I probably won't tone down Indy. ;)

Back