First Local Outdoor Ride...Where ya going?

Strouble

PR Addict
It's cool to even be thinking about this...hopefully my first ride will be at Malvern March 29th if the weather holds out. As long as the Vern National is open for practice that day, I will be there...don't care about the conditions even with all my new stuff!

Guys practiced at DMC last week. Parts were muddy, but a lot of it looked pretty decent.

Guys practiced at DMC last week. Parts were muddy, but a lot of it looked pretty decent.

I'm not quite ready to jump in to a race yet, but Podium One Area is next weekend. It's a little further south so it might be a tad bit warmer.

Not sure. I'll just throw something out there and will guess BC. I have a couple of months or so before I'll get "official" clearance anywho....

My first local ride is usually always the Vern National. Rain, snow, sleet, ice... I have experienced it all there in early spring. Wouldnt be right for me to start the season off anywhere else

My first local ride is usually always the Vern National. Rain, snow, sleet, ice... I have experienced it all there in early spring. Wouldnt be right for me to start the season off anywhere else

Wow...the memories. Thinking this is my 14th time attending the season opener at Malvern. I have seen some crazy weather at Vern. This one time early in the season, a Saturday night race, it snowed and the track was covered with a couple inches on less than half an hour...some quads ended up in the pond. Their was one time a bad storm and a tornado came through...remember watching this quad crest a downhill double and a tree blew over on the track just behind him...tons of people were running into woods...not a good idea in the event of a tornado. Lots of memories at Vern.

Weather was so nice today...decided to get some motos in. It was windy and almost got blown off the couch! image.jpg

Rt 62 is open today per Instagram account , of course I'm working .... FYI

Saw that. I am headed to Detroit Supercross with my son and some friends. Excited about that, but bummed I can't ride at 62 today. Lonnie runs a good operation there. Wish tomorrow had todays forecast. Would have been best of both worlds. Good news is the season is upon us now.

Thanks,

Michael

Saw that. I am headed to Detroit Supercross with my son and some friends. Excited about that, but bummed I can't ride at 62 today. Lonnie runs a good operation there. Wish tomorrow had todays forecast. Would have been best of both worlds. Good news is the season is upon us now.

Thanks,

Michael

I hope to make it out to Route 62 and Apple Cabin sometime this year...always hearing good things about those places.

My first ride is being pushed back a couple/few weeks. Have to cover some shifts at Kames and waiting on some stuff for the bike.

Back