Detroit!!! Spoiler....sort of

hershey

PR Elite
I can believe the lack of excitement on here about this great sx season! What is wrong with you people??

Anyway here is a couple phone pics. Wilson with the fast time in 2nd qualifier. And my baby girl ran into her favorite rider in the pits and even got a pic with him! He was really nice to her and talked with her for a moment. Nice kid for sure!

20140315_151120.jpg
20140315_165232.jpg

Yep, we had a great time. Got to see some good racing and meet one rider. Very cool night for us.

Attachments

• 1_20140315_201356.jpg
    1_20140315_201356.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20140315_175535.jpg
    20140315_175535.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 20140315_173359.jpg
    20140315_173359.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 151
We were there. Great time. Opening ceremonies were cool too. Don't get to see those on TV. Wish the races would have been a little tighter but still a great time. supercross2014Detroit.jpg

Didn't think much of the track ; looked narrow and one lined , crappy dirt , no traction . Somebody should have tried flattrack tires . Did like the loop into the stands .

More passing than I thought there would be but it was almost all block passes and then drag racing into the next section . Bagget's pass on Decotis and Cunningham was awesome though .

Surprised that Bubba and RV stayed up the whole race on that slick surface and thought Dungey would do a bit better with his smooth style . Everybody had the rear wheel stepping out all over the place . Best racing in both classes was really back in the pack .

Too bad for Roczen . Any word on his bike problem ? Bent Rotor ? Rough night for Seely too .

Glad to see Short , Pieck , and Tickle stepping it up more .

I'm starting to develop a dislike for Barcia .

Davalos and Wilson need to visit a guru, voodoo priestess , or something .

Yeahm racing in the 450's seems to be getting back to those of days before. At least up front. I'm glad for Stewie (aren't you John?). He seems to be growing up for sure. Doesn't have the eye of the tiger anymore, but still fast...obviously. RV just bringing home the championship and Dungey is on the outside looking in needing help.

Did anyone else notice how out of breath Faith was after his heat race win? I dunno. Great heat race for him, but definately brought to light the conditioning of the top guys... Track looked to be a little hard packed late. Kinda suprised me that RV and Bubba did so well. Thinking Bubba was just trying his hardest to stay on 2 wheels that last lap.

Good stuff. On to hockey country. Do you think the big guys rigs head all the way back to the home shop or head straight there? Just a thought...

BTW- I kinda was jealous Hershey... Have a good time? Definately one I should have made as well. Maybe next year after I hit Daytona. ;)

How can the stadium run out of beer at 7:00? Very disappointed about that. Track was ok but the racing was good.

Track looked hard pack compared to what I remember of Pontiac.. Racing was kind of one line I thought... AC seems like the real deal... Cool and on point riding style

I found a great bar in Greektown with our crew....It was so great and best mixed drinks I ever had.....I am not giving the name cause it will be packed next year....They did run out of beer! Two jack in cokes were 21 bucks

They ran out of everything. Even popcorn and soda. I was pretty pissed.I emailed the stadium to bitch a little. Detroit is a hole and I'm glad I could carry. I will never go to that place for anything other than a race and I will be sure to stay at the Hilton next time cuz its so close..

Enjoyed the racing at least. Lol

They ran out of everything. Even popcorn and soda. I was pretty pissed.I emailed the stadium to bitch a little. Detroit is a hole and I'm glad I could carry. I will never go to that place for anything other than a race and I will be sure to stay at the Hilton next time cuz its so close..

Enjoyed the racing at least. Lol

At least the company was good and the potty shuttle service rocks!

I was impressed with the stadium, it was really cool how the one side was built like a 50's street full of shops.

How can the stadium run out of beer at 7:00? Very disappointed about that. Track was ok but the racing was good.

Run out? They probably just stop serving at 7. That place held the Superbowl in 05 or 08 one of those years.....didn't run out then....

I can believe the lack of excitement on here about this great sx season! What is wrong with you people??

Anyway here is a couple phone pics. Wilson with the fast time in 2nd qualifier. And my baby girl ran into her favorite rider in the pits and even got a pic with him! He was really nice to her and talked with her for a moment. Nice kid for sure!

View attachment 14500
View attachment 14501

So my daughter is pretty jealous Hershey. We waited for Roczen to come out of his semi for over an hour at Mt Morris last year and then when he came out she didn't have the guts to go stand by him for a pic. Still regrets it.

So my daughter is pretty jealous Hershey. We waited for Roczen to come out of his semi for over an hour at Mt Morris last year and then when he came out she didn't have the guts to go stand by him for a pic. Still regrets it.

Lol...it must be a girl thing. As you can see by the pic my lil girl was too shy also. It took me and Kenny a minute to convince her to show him her shirt ( with him on it ), then she wouldnt get her pic with him either. He told her not to worry he didnt bite! She still talkes about how he said that. She wouldnt let go of me so the picture turned out as you see.

Im still amazed he spent as much time talking to her and trying to get her to talk to him. I think he made a fan for life of my daughter and certainly gained my respect.

Lol...it must be a girl thing. As you can see by the pic my lil girl was too shy also. It took me and Kenny a minute to convince her to show him her shirt ( with him on it ), then she wouldnt get her pic with him either. He told her not to worry he didnt bite! She still talkes about how he said that. She wouldnt let go of me so the picture turned out as you see.

Im still amazed he spent as much time talking to her and trying to get her to talk to him. I think he made a fan for life of my daughter and certainly gained my respect.

Too cool. :)

Back