OMA questions

honda907

PR Addict
Just looked at the OMA website. I have a few simple questions. Please don't get upset, they are just questions....

1) If I run the race at Malvern on March 30th, do I purchase a one day card or a year membership? Also, not that it matters, but I see the AMA is in with the OMA now. Does that mean I have to buy a OMA card for one race if it is AMA sanctioned. I don't like the AMA, but since it is the wave here in PA also, I have no choice but to whip out the old lifetime card......

2) Do they have a Saturday practice? Didn't see it listed, but thought I would ask

3) Plus classes I assume are trophy. No big deal, makes for more guys to race. I didn't see it broken down to like +40 A and B or even a +50 class. Just would like clarification on trophies or money

4) Haven't been to MAlvern there since 2010 on a Wedsday night to have my boy practice for the race at Steel City CRF 150 Cup in 2010. Track the same basic layout, or totally redone since the CRA days? No biggy, just would like to know in the event they have no Saturday practice.

5) Seems like a lot of classes with quads. About how many laps? I don't want to drive 5 hours and race 3 lap motos. Didn't bother to count the classes, but in the past, 40 plus classes has almost been the demise of PAMX and MDRA. Those organizations went through a total re-due for this year. 40 classes with 10 riders each sounds like a good turnout, until you see you get 3 lap motos in the first round followed by a green white checkered race in the second round. That kills racing quick, and I don't support that stuff. I would rather practice and not race. And I will not do 4 classes to get some laps in. This isn't 5 minute AX races we are paying to participate in.

Thanks, and maybe I will see some new guys out that way. Haven't really been out that way since the Bowen/Hillis days in the mid 80's

Just looked at the OMA website. I have a few simple questions. Please don't get upset, they are just questions....

1) If I run the race at Malvern on March 30th, do I purchase a one day card or a year membership? Also, not that it matters, but I see the AMA is in with the OMA now. Does that mean I have to buy a OMA card for one race if it is AMA sanctioned. I don't like the AMA, but since it is the wave here in PA also, I have no choice but to whip out the old lifetime card......

2) Do they have a Saturday practice? Didn't see it listed, but thought I would ask

3) Plus classes I assume are trophy. No big deal, makes for more guys to race. I didn't see it broken down to like +40 A and B or even a +50 class. Just would like clarification on trophies or money

4) Haven't been to MAlvern there since 2010 on a Wedsday night to have my boy practice for the race at Steel City CRF 150 Cup in 2010. Track the same basic layout, or totally redone since the CRA days? No biggy, just would like to know in the event they have no Saturday practice.

5) Seems like a lot of classes with quads. About how many laps? I don't want to drive 5 hours and race 3 lap motos. Didn't bother to count the classes, but in the past, 40 plus classes has almost been the demise of PAMX and MDRA. Those organizations went through a total re-due for this year. 40 classes with 10 riders each sounds like a good turnout, until you see you get 3 lap motos in the first round followed by a green white checkered race in the second round. That kills racing quick, and I don't support that stuff. I would rather practice and not race. And I will not do 4 classes to get some laps in. This isn't 5 minute AX races we are paying to participate in.

Thanks, and maybe I will see some new guys out that way. Haven't really been out that way since the Bowen/Hillis days in the mid 80's
Greg,

I have operating equipment since 6am, so bear with me here, I'm half dillusional.

1. You only need AMA for the Battle series. The OMA membership is Todd for 2014 season, and it is $20. And you will get two $10 Rocky Mountain gift cards if you do race one OMA race, & $10 for every race after.

2. Every OMA track has Saturday practice before their Sunday Races, unless otherwise indicated here on Pitracer the week of the event. The only exception is OIR, they are not able to hold Saturday activities due to zoning.

3.All classes are trophy except 450a & 250a

4. Malvern has a similar layout, I hadn't raced it since the mid 2000s and I went last year and I didn't think it was vastly different. I do know the soil has changed a ton, way way way better. Jason has spent countless hours improving the soil. I like the layout, it's fun and forgiving. Still a couple decent hucks out there.

5. We are doing timed motos, so it's all on you whether you do 3 laps. If you only get 3, go faster. We are shooting for ten minute motos. Should get at least 4, maybe 5 if your in the fuel and in the lead.

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to going unless it snows, and that seems possible with all this global warming.

I assume I can buy the card at sign up. Thanks for the quick reply. May talk friends to come out since nothing is running in NY or Pa to NJ that weekend. I'll spread the word..................

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to going unless it snows, and that seems possible with all this global warming.

I assume I can buy the card at sign up. Thanks for the quick reply. May talk friends to come out since nothing is running in NY or Pa to NJ that weekend. I'll spread the word..................

Yep, you sure can at any race this season. thanks!

You'll get plenty of ride time at malvern. They usually run open practice in the day before a night race. Plenty of time to get dialed in.

Yep, you sure can at any race this season. thanks!
Sounds like a good deal with the gas cards. I don't use them, since I am die-hard shop rider, but it still shows me your good intent!

I will post it up on another FB page of mine!

Looking forward to pitting with the PITRACER crew, if that's going to happen at Malvern. Been out with a major wrist injury since June, not sure I can do two classes of 5 laps without it getting sore, but we will see. Was good on the old Yamadog 5 weeks ago, and all winter for that matter, but the new 2014 beat me up and made it sore yesterday at a very rough TMX in WV before the snow! Hopefully it just needed the suspension broken in. Maybe I need to get new Ohlins suspension, since my '13 Ohlins stuff doesn't work on the new bike........

Andre at Coppersmith is a good guy. Straight up honest. I like that. I think he advertises here too.

Thanks for the replies guys. Pray for no snow.....

The race gas program isnt for fuel , well maybe you can buy some from Rocky Mountain.

They are gift/credit cards that are as good as cash when purchasing product from Rocky mountain.

Click here for info

Sounds like a good deal with the gas cards. I don't use them, since I am die-hard shop rider, but it still shows me your good intent!

send 'em porgies way.....ill pm you my address. Lol.

Back