Forbes Billionaire list is in --- Welcome Newcomer Ken FELD

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Latest issue of Forbes Magazine Page 90:

Kenneth Feld - 1.8 Billion
Ringmaster who owns brands like Ringling brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus makes cut as Feld entertainment sales hit $1 BILLION from 5,000 performances in a single year.

(Monster Energy Supercross/Arenacross are Feld Entertainment)

Keep racing for nothing all you pro riders! Because you're too proud to organize and demand to get paid for all the ticket sales you're contributing to by lining up to race every week.

Feld has quite the "muddy" past. Do some digging, you be amazed at this guys reputation. Not pretty.

do I really have to say anything? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make the stupid animal listen to common sense.

This thread got deleted on vital. As did my Mookie is an a hole thread. But that's understandable I guess. Not really. You wonder if these industry people are just afraid of feld and don't dare stir the pot. " Nobody talks to the great and almighty oz---I mean feld."

Why would we want to rally our entertainers to get paid for what they do ? Feld can't even offer these pros a benefits package so if they wallop their head like Broc hepler at least they have peace of mind to know "they're covered."

Scoob, those riders don't have an issue with Feld because they make their money from sponsorship and they don't know any better. It would be very interesting to see the profits from Supercross alone. Yes, they have huge expenses putting on a race but when it all comes down to it, the crowd comes to see the talent and not the laser show and neat'o fireworks. Having half the field go home with less then they spent to put on the show is a crime. The promoters are using the fact that their participants are for the most part, young, uneducated and have a very short career, against them. Anyone that has a long career is usually a factory backed rider and the purse money that they make from an evening of racing is just pocket change for smoothies and bad sushi.
The only way I see this ever changing is for the riders to unite in a rider organization that ONLY is there for the riders wellbeing. This SHOULD be done by the AMA but we all know that is not going to happen.
I could go on and on but it kinda feels like I am talking to a wall. well, talking to a young, uneducated wall.

Hell no they dont have an issue with Feld. I wouldnt either if he was the guy my paychecks come from... Nothing will ever be done about this, because if those guys quit, then everyone behind them will just move up to the next position and so on so forth until every local A rider is now competing at the professional level.

This sport is no different from Am to Pro. It takes countless dollars to make a dream come true and in the end, it all results in what we love to do, not because it pays good. If they wanted more cash they would have attended College instead of LL.

Do participants need to pay an entry fee in other professional motor sports?

Lets not compare this to stick and ball sports only other motor sports please.....

A NASCAR race cost $3300 to enter a car. If your entry is late, it is $4550. Average NASCAR awards at a race (not purse, because some sponsors chip in with awards) is around $5,000,000 divided by the 43 cars in the field. Then I read that things such as the TV money are split per race. Track gets 65%, Teams 25% and NASCAR gets 10%. So looks to me like the best position to be in is a track owner in NASCAR.

I personally believe that EVERYONE that makes the night program should be making enough to cover expenses period. And they do not. If a guy in the 250 class gets 22nd. In my opinion, he should get no less than $2200. And the purse goes up from there. I just think the purse should be at least $150,000 per SX race, and divide that up amongst the 44 in the main events. Maybe another $50,000 divided up to the guys that made the night program. So I suppose about $200,000 in payout to riders per race.

Hell no they dont have an issue with Feld. I wouldnt either if he was the guy my paychecks come from... Nothing will ever be done about this, because if those guys quit, then everyone behind them will just move up to the next position and so on so forth until every local A rider is now competing at the professional level.

This sport is no different from Am to Pro. It takes countless dollars to make a dream come true and in the end, it all results in what we love to do, not because it pays good. If they wanted more cash they would have attended College instead of LL.

College doesn't guarantee you anything but more debt in 2014. Take off the blinders. Obama wants people tongonto college so he can funnel govt backed loans to the colleges. Because the deans and presidents of universities are nice campaign contributors.

And feld isn't paying anyone. They're putting their lives at risk. These young kids are too proud. Then maybe these young kids parents need to look out for their professional riders and tell them not to race until they're paid.

I would never work so hard at something for nothing. That's what our pros do. Ride ride ride. Train train train. They eat motocross to the point where they can't enjoy it. They wake up in the morning and groan like you and I do going into work. It's their job. Now stop making modern motocross a blood diamond industry where the laborer gets nothing but effed. PAY THEM.

If the riders would stand up for themselves they would be paid. Stand up for yourselves you pussies. Come on.

Dont get me wrong Georgie, Im a 100% on you with college. Its become another business that only benefits a select few. Dont get me wrong, college is great and education is extremely important, but if your not using the degree, its another paper in the file cabinet. But, if your going to dump tons of cash into something, at least that paper has more significance than a few trophies.

They may not be paying them what people feel they should be payed, but they are getting paid.

I know I dumped a ton of money into a degree. Now I have benefits and make a livable wage.

Theyve dumped life savings into racing through Amatuers just to turn pro and still be in debt. While the promoter/event organizer takes all the cash and runs. And when riders get hurt the fat cat says eh well there's the asterisk medical tent. Where's the next idiot to try to qualify for next week......we won't have to pay him anything at all.

That's pretty harsh, Georgie. I doubt anyone racing mains on Saturday feels cheated. Putting their lives at risk? I'm guessing they would do it for free. Don't we all? Stop hating on Feld, et al.

That's pretty harsh, Georgie. I doubt anyone racing mains on Saturday feels cheated. Putting their lives at risk? I'm guessing they would do it for free. Don't we all? Stop hating on Feld, et al.

Not 1 pro in the privateer ghetto pit area feels cheated? How can they not feel cheated when they're putting on a Circus show for thousands of fans? Do Monster Truck drivers get paid, I've always wondered, i'm not sure....I've heard they are paid well, but if you ask an average fan at a supercross "oh all these guys must make good money."

I'm not hating on Feld per say.....as he is a business man. If I can find employees to work for me that train/practice/race as hard as our privateers and not have an adequate payroll for them then sign me up. Only the riders can stand up for themselves and demand to paid what they're worth. As long as they take off from the gate, I'll go spectate as everyone else will. If they sat on the gate would the stands stay full, and would someone have to pay the riders then?

Peick last year got 4th out of the back of his pick up truck at a pro national in the 450 class and couldn't afford to make the next race. That's messed up.

Roman made more money at Summit then he did at Toronto last night. Summit didn't have 60,000 fans buying T-shirts and $10.75 beers. Baseball players in the same stadiums get paid why can't guys twisting a throttle?

Lets get one thing straight..Peick is not running out of a pick up truck. He has a extremely nice semi motorhome hauler. He is pitting in style.

As for the monster truck drivers, I am sure Feld probably pays those guys "show" money to show up and put a show on. I totally agree, a rider making the show should not make more at Summit than a SX. But it has been that way since way back in the 80s. I always said super fast local guys are much better off hitting all the good money races they can, rather than trying to make SX and MX nationals.

Last year Peick was on shop bought bikes with pops packing his gate. This year he's got some nice privateer support. The guy will get a factory ride for sure. Factories have to be chomping at the bit for him.

Back