Vegetarian

This winter I have gone somewhat vegetarian. I have been having a lot of wheat and Barley......haven't noticed being any healthier!

We struggle with grains. For whatever reasons our bodies don't like them.
Seems like a common thing. Then too what else goes into that tummy, John250?
Laughing with you

My report from Charlotte Gerson did the comparison with % rather than grams. Her words on this were that babies , children who drank formula or cow's milk would have far less allergies and tummy problems if they didn't drink milk but would drink carrot juice. She goes on to say that carrot juice must have apple juice mixed in to allow the carrot juice to do a better job in your system. She says a bunch of other really good stuff. I just find it all very interesting.
I learn something new/different every day.

Here is something I ran across There are 28.3495 grams in an ounce.
Grams and ounces are two different types of measurements.
Let me think this out a cup of milk has 8 ounces ....
and it has one gram of protein per ounce for the 8 oz. right?

So thinking here each ounce of milk would have what one gram per ounce? Did I do this right?

Seems we would get a better idea if we measured ounces to ounces....still working on this

Here is something I ran across There are 28.3495 grams in an ounce.
Grams and ounces are two different types of measurements.
Let me think this out a cup of milk has 8 ounces ....
and it has one gram of protein per ounce for the 8 oz. right?

So thinking here each ounce of milk would have what one gram per ounce? Did I do this right?

Seems we would get a better idea if we measured ounces to ounces....still working on this

You are mixing up measures of volume (amount of liquid in a glass) and measures of mass (weight of an object). Both can be measured in ounces.

Yes, thank you. So, when we read that a glass of milk has 8 grams of protein...is that a 'bunch' or not so much, I question?

We struggle with grains. For whatever reasons our bodies don't like them.
Seems like a common thing. Then too what else goes into that tummy, John250?
Laughing with you

You struggle with grains because the body doesnt need them to survive, grains are bad for you and your diet, if your going to cut out meat, cut out grains as well.

It is crazy but since we have cut out grains back in July 2013 we feel better ! Now when I look at the ads on TV I think those 'buns' have zero taste and have zero value..are loaded with toxic chemicals and make me feel bad....what the heck!? Why would you want that in your body? You could take that same sandwich , wrap it in a lettuce leaf and be further ahead with your health. Denny is at the KTM re certification KTM tech classes this week. He has talked with other dealers who struggle with their weight, struggle with their digestion, feel lousy and they do not put it together that what they put in their stomachs directly relates to how you feel and look....plus how healthy you are or could be.
Realizing when you are very young you just don't care ..it just makes a huge difference as you age. All this builds up in your body

Back