Lost key to my streetbike! Please help!

six6seven

PR Member
Okay so I own a 2005 ninja 500ex, and wouldn't ya know it, as soon as spring hits, I lose the only key I had to the bike. Yeah, I know I should've made a spare, and I did try, but the key was so worn, that the only people I could find to make me some keys (Slaters) couldnt get copies that would work. So hear I am it's spring and I'm keyless, I bought the bike used, and don't have any of the information on the dealer that the bike was originally purchased from. So I was curious if any of you have experienced this issue, I've done some research, and from what I've found, I need to acquire the key code, thats stamped on the ignition, helmet, or seat lock. Was wondering if any of you had any experience doing this, Do I actually need to dismantle the lock to get the code? And was wondering if anyone knows where I can get someone around the central ohio area to cut me a key with the code for a reasonable price, or someone who can inspect the ignition and make me a key at a reasonable price, I'm broke and in college lol, so the most I'm really looking to spend is like $60 and even that's kind of steep for me right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

awesome! Know of any dealers that would help me out? I called ASK and they basically told me unless I knew the dealer that the bike was originally purchased from, or had the key code, they couldnt do anything, or I'd have to pay a locksmith to inspect the lock

Back