Best Pump Gas

Strouble

PR Addict
What place has the best pump gas? I have been hearing about "Ethanol" in gas and that it is harmful to engines. I would like to get pure gas.

In Erie Pa there are a couple.

Country Fair "Citgo Stations" west 8th, bayfront highway (I-79) Ethanol free The real stuff. 92 octane with lead $4.09 gallon

Other then that run race fuel and mix it. Use google for calculations, octane calculater. don't run anything above 94-96 octane with a stock motor, just won't burn 100%

we have been using VP brand VPR. no need to change jetting or anything with the VPR. I can 'make' about the same from a race fuel station about 45 minutes away, but it is easier to get the 5 gallon cans. MacIntosh Oil in canton (or akron, i get it messed up) can get them.

ive never ran fancy gas in any of my bikes and i dont plan on starting. i stick to shell or sunoco 93 or 94. will NEVER run BP in a bike.

Ethanol SUCKS for bikes. Avoid it if possible. I use Meijer gas. It's 100% gasoline. Also, DON'T get 100LL avgas! Actually it has a octane rating of about 70! The 100 number is NOT the octane rating. Avgas numbers are for something else. Seriously. If you need to know, when I go to work Tuesday night I'll get link to the web site that explains it. I am a aircraft avionics tech and can get free avgas as much as I want, and I don't use it. Especially after having two bad crashes that were specifically linked to the low octane 100LL fuel I was using. Just because it's blue doesn't mean it's race fuel. That blue dye is so we can spot fuel leaks.

I run Premium shell, Sunoco or Speedway gas, and have NEVER had an issue with anything. No need for race gas.

Seriously. If you need to know, when I go to work Tuesday night I'll get link to the web site that explains it.

Thanks man, but not necessary. I am just gonna use high-test pump gas from somewhere without Ethanol. I love getting back into all of this.

Ethanol SUCKS for bikes. Avoid it if possible. I use Meijer gas. It's 100% gasoline.

FYI re Meijer gas being 100%, I posed the question to 2 employees, one said it was 100%, the other not, so I emailed the company directly.
Here is their reply:
Thank you for contacting Meijer Product Quality, Safety, and Compliance with your inquiry.
All unleaded fuel sold at Meijer is a 10% blend with ethanol. The exception is our E-85 which is 85% ethanol and 15% unleaded fuel.

As a representative of Meijer, I would like to thank you for shopping with us.
Meijer Product Quality, Safety and Compliance

Well your right. Apperhently the 100% gas sticker is a farse. I just took the sticker as being true, but no. After researching it, they are up to 10% ethanol.

Marathon in Blanchester OH. They have a pump call turbo blue. lol That is all I ever run.

Back