Doublin Gap Area Qualifier 3/30/14

honda907

PR Addict
Never heard of drawing out of a hat for position at an area. Guess they did that instead of canceled. At least my buddy Mike Farmer text me that.
He wants to race to get ready. Said they don't cancel in TN. We talked about the old days a little......

That seems like , I don't know, so wrong. He's not so sure about this Road to Tenn . He must be feeling like me about this stuff about now. He thought it was "the road to the championship" not the lotto! HAHA!

I wish it didn't snow here 5 inches last night. I just threw in the towel and bagged Malvern at about 8 PM Saturday. I hope that went off good. At least Malvern said they would race, rain or shine!!
My hats off to them if they did what they said and raced today. That's what we need! Promoters who do what we ask of them, and that is to let us race if we show up!!

What is MX 213 like? Might make the trip. Between that and another track down by Philly, but then again, that track by Philly is AMA, and I don't particularly like the AMA. But the track is always mint...

Everyone with more than 8 people raced. If there was 8 people or less they had the option to race or pick position by spoons. No one with 8 or less raced. I raced and earn my spot. It rained non stop since Saturday afternoon. so every one who raced there moto and qualified earned it.

Yeah that's not new. They did that for a qualifier over at Sunday Creek probably 10-12 years ago. Like 812 said though it was only for classes that already had enough to move on to the regionals anyway.

Was at Malvern today. They raced , had a little over 100 entries I think. Of course, LOL , it was a little sloppy for practice
and first motos, but some good racing. And by second moto's track came around pretty good!

That's good that the classes with more entries had to race the way into the regional. Wasn't told that.

I know it rained a lot. I live 70 miles north of the track at Dublin Gap, and it rained, then snowed here.

Malvern was just to far to drive for "iffy" weather.

Good job earning your spot 812.

I've been to lots of "questionable" early qualifiers over the years, and to the credit of the promoters, they leave it up to the class of riders that have 8 or less riders if they want to ride or not. But if one yo yo says, I want to ride, then everyone has to ride to get a spot, at least 1 lap of each moto. But if everyone says, I'm only here to get a spot at the regional and don't want to ride in this mess, I'll take any guaranteed spot….. they let the class do that. The classes that have more than 8 riders, always have had to race in my experience.

That is fascinating information to know! Thanks Robin..

Please, please, please don't let that happen to us in May! lol

Robin appears to be correct. Although Mike qualified at ECMX back in February , he didn't pay the fee to get scored for the area at Doublin Gap, so I guess he had no say in the matter. He's over it and I just thought it was odd. That's all

I see MX 213 is running close to another track that has a Loretta Lynn area. What do you think the turnout will be with the area so close? I'll come out and practice Saturday, provided they have one on Saturday and race Sunday Otherwise I will go to the ProAm down by Philly Sat and Sunday. I'll have 20 plus riders in the 45 plus class to rip up. I'm jjonesing so bad to race........

Back