Houston SX y'all...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Dirt looks tasty. Still need to take a peek at the other thread on K-Dub's transfer get off I am assuming... Guess track is proving tough. Brayton already ate in free practice... Broken foot I guess??

http://www.supercrossonline.com/supercrosslive/
http://live.amasupercross.com/
http://live.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1470/schedule.pdf
http://results.amasupercross.com/

HoustonR.jpg

Brayton off track in first timed practice... Bubba leading the pack. No surprise there... Blose and Millsaps to be in the booth...on SX Live that is.

Logan Karnow in the house on a 450. 7.144 off of Stewart's best with a 14th in the B practice. Would be 5th in C 450 practice. Would be cool to see him make the show tonight...

What did you guys think of the Millsaps interview during the qualifying (01:40:00 time into the telecast)? The SX live interview was a little uncomfortable IMO when they asked him about his son racing. He was so negative on it. No doubt this is a tough sport and its hard to let your kid take these risks, but not sure I would have publicly announced it like that. It is a SX event and he is a pro athlete in this sport, and his reaction came off like he was encouraging families to steer away from this sport, IMO. He has his reasons and his right to say what ever he wants, but I think he could have approached that better for the telecast and the SX supporters that are helping to grow this sport.

Looking forward to some good racing in a few minutes, and getting my ride on tomorrow.

Thanks,

Michael

So with a 2014 KX450 you can crash in a turn on the high side, land upside down, pick it up, jump over it from the low side of the bike and never stall? What a great feature. My Hinsons would never do that. And I've fallen many different ways, so I'm sure about that. Most bikes must add a Rekluse to do that.
That's why I believe most teams run Rekluse and machine a cover for whom ever is paying the bills.

Ryno was interviewed, and he pretty much said the same thing about his son racing MX. His son is hoping to be in the Olympics for mountain biking.

What did you guys think of the Millsaps interview during the qualifying (01:40:00 time into the telecast)? The SX live interview was a little uncomfortable IMO when they asked him about his son racing. He was so negative on it. No doubt this is a tough sport and its hard to let your kid take these risks, but not sure I would have publicly announced it like that. It is a SX event and he is a pro athlete in this sport, and his reaction came off like he was encouraging families to steer away from this sport, IMO. He has his reasons and his right to say what ever he wants, but I think he could have approached that better for the telecast and the SX supporters that are helping to grow this sport.

Looking forward to some good racing in a few minutes, and getting my ride on tomorrow.

Thanks,

Michael

Ryno was interviewed, and he pretty much said the same thing about his son racing MX. His son is hoping to be in the Olympics for mountain biking.

I missed it. Had to do something when it was coming on.

Deegan didn't think that way. His kid seems pretty bad@$$. I mean, I understand the fear and wouldn't push someone into it, but if that's what they want to do and maybe are good at it, I'm all for it.

Just my opinion, a lack of faith makes them feel that way. We can do our best to keep them safe, but we're not in control of this world. Kids can get hurt tripping on the sidewalk for God's sake. Again, just my opinion. If I lacked faith, I'd have quit a long time ago. Many have done much less in terms of crashing in this sport than I and have been hurt so much worse. When it's time, it's time. Sitting on the couch or not.

OK, done with that...

So with a 2014 KX450 you can crash in a turn on the high side, land upside down, pick it up, jump over it from the low side of the bike and never stall? What a great feature. My Hinsons would never do that. And I've fallen many different ways, so I'm sure about that. Most bikes must add a Rekluse to do that.
That's why I believe most teams run Rekluse and machine a cover for whom ever is paying the bills.

As much as I'd like to say it is so, not so much to do with the KX. A thumper and Rekluse are the way to go. Next pig I have will have one.

Overall, decent race. I had to take Scoob to the vet at 11pm, so didn't get to watch race until after 1 and I was half falling asleep. Heat 1 I think it was, was way cool. Top 5 were all nip and tuck. Loved that race. Bummed for Stewart feeling bad. You could tell during heat and main. He was just trying to survive.

I was also hoping Wilson would pass Anderson. One more lap...maybe. Just maybe...

Title is RV2's. Of course, we already knew that. Just looking for Stewy to break more records and some great racing overall the final few. It's been a good season. I was hoping for better, but was good nonetheless.

Damn I'm tired. Night everyone... ;)

z-Start Pro you can run with a stock cover..I'm not sure about the other ones. But yes I would assume they are almost all running Rekluse's or some other form of centrifugal clutch.

Back