Quite possibly the most boring Sx event of 2014

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
It was agonizing to watch. No excitement.

How does Stewart just rail two weekends in a row, then look like a totally different rider. You guys think this is bike set up issues? I don't get how the guy when he's on is untouchable and then do a 180 degree turn around.

Not sure how you can case a quad and not crash on factory suspension or not. My stomach hurt after watching that....

Finally finished watching this on my dvr a few minutes ago , 250f main was good , 450's not so much .

It looked like his racing sag was way off. His rear was kicking up on him the whole race and he still finished 2nd. It would have freaked the crap outta me, especially this one:

I'd have to say yeah it may have been the most boring 450 race.... but not the most boring SX event of 2014... I honestly think the 250 heats were the best I've seen all year, at least in an entertainment perspective!! And the 250 main was awesome too as far as Anderson trying to play catch up!! But I do agree that the 450 main wasn't exactly all that fun to watch...

Stewart always gets to a faster and faster rebound setting in his rear end every year and then he starts getting kicked towards the front end. Look at many many of his crashes over the years and his rebound is way too fast in the back…… one wrong move and he's on his head thrown over the bars. I don't think he is good at determining bike set up that works best and the teams are always changing trying to get better…. so he drifts off the mark here and there, if I was them, I'd go back to the settings they ran exactly when he came from back of the pack and smoked everyone going away, that set up worked. I don't think he is the type of rider that can tell the guys working on his bike that any particular thing is off and needs to go back the other way to get better because he can ride almost anything so fast that he can overcome almost any setting and still make it work.

Bubba came as close to shooting over the bars as you can get. Another 6 inches, and he is projecting himself right into the face of the other jump over the bars. Not sure how that even happens, that you ride that one out. I've said after a bunch of races that his rear suspension seems to jumps around more than most factory riders.

What about Little Bubba. Is he riding like a punk or what. Reminds me of Chicken Mastivich back in the day. Get to racing, and stop all the break checking and crap. I would have loved to have seen the pass Osborne put back on Little Bubba....you heard the crowd go crazy, and the next time you see Osborne he is ahead of Little Bubba again, and has a decent gap on him. How many times has that happened this year, you hear the crowd and don't get to see what happened? I just don't like his riding style at all.

RV was on it in the main.

I don't see anything wrong with Mookie riding aggressive. Until he puts his hands on a rider physically. Rough block passes and break checking are part of the sport. If you're not the fastest sometimes you have to outsmart your opponent. I think the break check is one of those outsmarting maneuvers and the elitist of the elite riders know when it's coming and avoid it. That's great racing.

No Weimer, Hot Sauce, Millsaps, Grant, Brayton, Musquin, Tickle, Hahn... PLUS a crappy whoop section makes for BORING racing. Personally, I thought last week was worse but I know for sure would be mad if I bought a ticket to see either.
I know you are not going to like this but I would like to see less rounds, like 12 to 14, No repeat cities like the Anaheim 37 crap that we are spoon feed each year. And have a few open weeks sprinkled in. Have some different obstacles for Christ sake.. Every track does not have to have 2 lame triples that EVERYONE does EVERY lap, a couple on-off tables and a rhythm section that does not separate anyone. When was the last time we seen a tunnel? The wall at Indy was nice and then... never again... They build big whoops a one or two races which produce good racing and the ever popular big crashes for the casual fans, then go right back to the small, fast, one line "bumps"... Now the second section coming up to the finish had a couple odd shape whoops which made it harder to get through, but the first set was a waste.
How about mixing up the type of venue? A few years ago we raced in Charlotte and the track was built on the infield and down the front stretch. At least it was different. Why not try a drag strip? Better yet, build a city course like they do in Indy cars. The show is stale, Same track, same riders (unless they are hurt), Even getting tired of seeing Diana say the same crap about "you guys have been great on social media" ....man.... Have her strip or something....

Here is an idea... Lose the Supercross series and outdoor championship and make it ONE series with ONE championship. 12 rounds each and mix them throughout the year. NASCAR does not have a Short track championship or a road course champ. Why do we? Its still the same guys.

Bring back a two stoke class... one four stoke and one stroke class... No need for "different color" number plate backgrounds. EVERYONE will be able to hear the differences.

Sorry, I got side tracked... its been a while since I felt good enough to rant.

I don't see anything wrong with Mookie riding aggressive. Until he puts his hands on a rider physically. Rough block passes and break checking are part of the sport. If you're not the fastest sometimes you have to outsmart your opponent. I think the break check is one of those outsmarting maneuvers and the elitist of the elite riders know when it's coming and avoid it. That's great racing.

Yeah me neither. John you never commented when andy of the other riders did this?? Why is that?

No Weimer, Hot Sauce, Millsaps, Grant, Brayton, Musquin, Tickle, Hahn... PLUS a crappy whoop section makes for BORING racing. Personally, I thought last week was worse but I know for sure would be mad if I bought a ticket to see either.
I know you are not going to like this but I would like to see less rounds, like 12 to 14, No repeat cities like the Anaheim 37 crap that we are spoon feed each year. And have a few open weeks sprinkled in. Have some different obstacles for Christ sake.. Every track does not have to have 2 lame triples that EVERYONE does EVERY lap, a couple on-off tables and a rhythm section that does not separate anyone. When was the last time we seen a tunnel? The wall at Indy was nice and then... never again... They build big whoops a one or two races which produce good racing and the ever popular big crashes for the casual fans, then go right back to the small, fast, one line "bumps"... Now the second section coming up to the finish had a couple odd shape whoops which made it harder to get through, but the first set was a waste.
How about mixing up the type of venue? A few years ago we raced in Charlotte and the track was built on the infield and down the front stretch. At least it was different. Why not try a drag strip? Better yet, build a city course like they do in Indy cars. The show is stale, Same track, same riders (unless they are hurt), Even getting tired of seeing Diana say the same crap about "you guys have been great on social media" ....man.... Have her strip or something....

Here is an idea... Lose the Supercross series and outdoor championship and make it ONE series with ONE championship. 12 rounds each and mix them throughout the year. NASCAR does not have a Short track championship or a road course champ. Why do we? Its still the same guys.

Bring back a two stoke class... one four stoke and one stroke class... No need for "different color" number plate backgrounds. EVERYONE will be able to hear the differences.

Sorry, I got side tracked... its been a while since I felt good enough to rant.

Don't forget Reed is out as well. Half those guys you mentioned really do not impact the top 5 very often..., but yes, getting late in the season and injuries are taking their toll.

I like the idea of giving them a week or two more here and there to rest/recoup. Combining the SX/MX seasons??? Hmm, a great thought, but 99.9% sure that will never happen. Set up and riding style along with 250 East/West in SX, etc., etc., won't allow it...

I say leave the 250's and 450's as is, but add a 300cc 2 stroke class championship. Maybe even just add them to the timed practice, top 22 go to the main in the night show for a quick 10 lap feature. I likey. :)

I also didn't think the race was all that bad to watch. Of course I was about to fall asleep doing so, but I haven't been getting a lot of sleep and was having a hard time staying awake... Stewy was trying hard. Like he used to when he crashed all the time. Trying to make up major time causing issues for him. Not sure how he saved himself a few times there. The quad there reminding me of the quad in Vegas he was doing on his 125 a few years back. Was cool as hell to see, but was not a time saver.

I think he knows what he likes, but every track is somewhat different and he tries to zero it in too much and make it too good/precise at times. We all know, setup is a compromise. To make it perfect in one spot, you take away from somewhere else. He's one of the best in the world as we know. Even the best makes a mistake here and there. I think a rider like RV just rides what they give him. Tells them what it's doing and trusts they'll make it good. If not, he just rides it. We all know those guys that always blame it on the bike. JS7 is kinda like one of them. Kinda. He knows more of what the bike can fix than most....

The problem isn't the races so much, it's the lack of a tight series anymore. 250's are good as they're championship hasn't been decided yet. The 450's has. Well, pretty much.

It's been a good season. Just unforntunate like most in where a few of the top guys get hurt and/or stop riding over their head so much which translates into less top guys mixing it up at the front which translates to RV running away with it.

I like the idea of combining the series. Kind of like the old AMA "Grand National Championship". It was 1/2 mile, mile, TT, and a couple road races. That was awesome.

As for MX / SX combining. It could be done. Manufactures don't want it. All they need to do is swap out the suspension. The first AMA National of the year used to be Gainesville, FL. We went to it for years. Then onto Daytona 6 days later for the supercross. The two series over lapped back then till about May when SX finally finished up. And I believe there were about 3 outdoor rounds completed by then.

As for MX / SX combining. It could be done. Manufactures don't want it. All they need to do is swap out the suspension. The first AMA National of the year used to be Gainesville, FL. We went to it for years. Then onto Daytona 6 days later for the supercross. The two series over lapped back then till about May when SX finally finished up. And I believe there were about 3 outdoor rounds completed by then.[/QUOTE]

You can thank McGrath for killing that. Back when he signed the "Supercross Only" contract it was believed that would be the wave of the future.
'90 I rode Atlanta, Gainesville, Daytona back to back and never changed a thing. Yes, things have changed but if a fat guy from Dayton that rode a bone stock bike can do it, don't you think guys with endless bikes and parts can do it?
Scoob, love the addition of a 300 class. A third class would be great and could open up more rides for young, up and coming riders and guys in there twilight.
Guess we have another addition to the CK1/John world championship of Super Motocross.

I notices JS7 suspension last week and was talking to the sharc and Richard A about it.

He jumps nose down, a lot. makes me scared!

JS7 did say halfway through he backed down cause he was making a ton of mistakes and if he kept pushing he would crash.

So he has matured in that area.

I don't think He is as good on the rutted tracks. Back a few years ago he would have kept pushing until he crashed or won. Now he is trying to last the season.

I don't think He is as good on the rutted tracks. Back a few years ago he would have kept pushing until he crashed or won. Now he is trying to last the season.

Toronto is incredibly soft and rutty.....and he just killed it up there.....I don't get it.

Stewarts suspension didn't even completely bottom out when he cased that quad....

georgie he didn't really have RV challenging him there, though he did look super fast. That casing of the "quad"(in my ralph shateen voice) was incredible! you and I both have seen these guys hang on, especially JS7, when there is no way he should have... It seems like this weekends only excitement came while JS7 was almost crashing. It irritates me because it seemed there were loud crowd ooo's and ahhh's, of course while we are watching 9th or 10th place riding around.
(On a side note, can someone let ralphy know he doesn't have to freaking yell at the start everyweek. I'm waiting for him to steal the canaian's hole shot speech. lol)
DblD- I never noticed how nose down JS7 rides till see it from the above the track cam. It looks so sketchy.

Back