Wash bay at local tracks

wilson9

Noob
Just a thought I was pondering about some of the local tracks I.e. Malvern, MX213 installing/setting up some sort of wash bay/station for the riders who don't have rigs equipped with a pressure washer to clean their bikes after motos. Could be as elaborate as a car wash or as simple as a few hoses and pressure washers. Charge each rider a few bucks for a few minutes to help eleviate some of the cost and see how it works out. Just a thought.

Cycle Ranch in Texas has a small two or three bay car wash for this. Its freaking sweet. So nice to just ride down to the bay, wash everything up and just push everything in the garage already clean when you get home.

I wish they would do something like this, Id be washing my stuff guarenteed everytime.

Chilitown.....have FREE pressure washers to use for those without them. Then all the pits have water, so if you have your washer with you, you don't have to worry about taking water! Best deal any where! Even Daytona has 6 pressure washers set up free of charge for everyone to use.

I've been toying with the idea of finding room for my pressure washer and a big ass water tank in the new van.. Seems like it would be worth it.

I've been toying with the idea of finding room for my pressure washer and a big ass water tank in the new van.. Seems like it would be worth it.

Yes. moist dirt seems to come off the bike a lot better than the dry brick type. :)

Chilitown.....have FREE pressure washers to use for those without them. Then all the pits have water, so if you have your washer with you, you don't have to worry about taking water! Best deal any where! Even Daytona has 6 pressure washers set up free of charge for everyone to use.

Thats correct! We have two power washers on site free of charge to wash your bike after your motos. There is usually a line for both power washers but everyone usually gets their bike washed. If anyone has any suggestions as to how we can improve this area we will surely give it a try.

image.jpg

Take your pressure washer and an empty 55 gallon drum. Good to go! fill her up at the track or a flying j along the way.

Cocr also has a free power washer to use. And I know a couple members will bring down their own and set up to let other use, most of the time they just ask for riders to throw some gas in to use

A sweet setup is to hang a 8 or 10" PVC from the ceiling in a U shape. Cap one end and put a hose fitting in the other end. Holds plenty of water...is out of the way...and the gravity gets it to the pressure washer. Zach Kaiser has that in his trailer. Works awesome.

A sweet setup is to hang a 8 or 10" PVC from the ceiling in a U shape. Cap one end and put a hose fitting in the other end. Holds plenty of water...is out of the way...and the gravity gets it to the pressure washer. Zach Kaiser has that in his trailer. Works awesome.

thats not a bad idea... if i cant find anywhere under the sprinter to mount a tank that may be the next best option

Back