Western Reserve MX race this weekend

honda907

PR Addict
Anyone going? I take it there is no practice Saturday.

Saturday looks like Pleasure Valley practice.

I would like to go to CTMX, but it's just a little too far a drive from Central PA since WV is about 2 hours closer . Everything in PA, NJ and MD I is down because of SX in NJ.

No practice on Saturday this time because of the flat track race being held.

We will be running transponders (rf tags) for the motocross race. This is included with the regular sign-up fee. Bring your helmets with you to sign-up to have your rf tag put on your visor. If you have an RF tag from a previous race you should be able to reuse that.

If you are attending the Saturday night flat track you can do an early sign up for mx the next day. Again, bring your helmet with you to sign-up.

No late sign ups because of using the rf system.

We used them at a hare scramble down there once, I don't know why everyone is not using them. Put a little sticker under your visor and use it all year long. It seem to work very well, no issues with scoring that day anyways.

RF tags have been working great. We have been using them for our MX and harescramble races. Tweaking them a bit for flat track.

Very few flaws, every once in awhile you will get a tag that will not read properly. We usually find that out ahead of time. Will not read correctly on some helmets, usually if if has a metallic / mirror finish.

We still do manual back up just in case.

As far as cost of the system - don't ask. LOL

If you have used your tag at a previous WRMC race it will make sign up a little quicker because your info is already in the system. Another helpful hint, and believe it or not the biggest thing to slow down computer entry - fill out your sign-up sheet legibly.

Better readability. The scanners are usually mounted overhead, or a bit higher on either side. We use a total of four scanners.

Although unlikely, also the possibility that two riders may be sharing a bike for two different classes.

Dod you have problems with scoring on Sunday? Results were slow to post and in my case, scored wrong. No problems here. Just an observation. The guys in my class came to me and told me about scoring.

Also, just some constructive criticism here. Rip that track up deep and loamy! It would be much better with multiple lines throughout the track. Not that it was bad at all, it's just that you have such great soil that has no rocks. Ripping it up three inches is a crime with what you got Just an observation again

Kudos to running a quick program. I had a 4+ hour drive and got home before bedtime. Good job!!

Also, kudos to you for not having any major injuries. Where I come from(eastern PA /NJ) the choppers are normal to the local scene.

Good job!

Short track had biggest turnout I've seen in the last few years, since
we discovered dirt track. Looked scary wet before practice and came
around just fine, though it was REALLY cold.

Hopefully the computer issues get sorted without too much grief.

We had a blast in any case.

There seemed to be a problem with one class (Plus 25). Seemed to score first and second place rider OK, but one of the guys who finished somewhere between third and sixth didn't agree with the results. That means we had to go track down the riders possibly affected and double check with our manual scoring back up results. It all got sorted out.

As far as how quick the results got up to the "pick up your trophy window", it wasn't any more than a half hour after the end of each moto. The same computer handing the rf scoring at the finish is also printing out the results sheets from the current moto, so they get printed in between motos.

Great turn out, the weather was good, no major injuries. Hope to see everyone at our next MX race June 8 (double points).

In my opinion, this is the best that Western Reserve has been in years. The turnout was great in spite of the fact that another local track had practice going on the same day. The track flowed really well. They did a lot of work to the track and kept it challenging but also safe. The program ran smooth. Excellent job by the guys out there.

Back