Bill Wetzel

Original44

PR Addict
I just wanted to let everyone know that Bill Wetzel passed away last Tuesday at home. Bill and his wife Carolyn own Wetzels Suzuki and Husqvarna in Mentor. Bill had a lot of great racers that he had riding out of his shop, riders like Al Pizzino, Harold Robison, Al Chuppa, Gary Easton, Carl and Dave Hand just to name a few. Bill was definitely a part of the motocross scene back in the 70s and 80s. The one thing I remember the most about Bill was how he would always help me keep my bikes running. If something broke and I didn't know how to fix it, he would always take the time to show me how. Thanks and RIP Bill.

New of Bill's passing was hitting a few of us old timers pretty hard last Saturday, hanging at the short track. He was a big cog in a lot of our racing machine back when.

Rest in peace Bill. Hope Carolyn is doing OK and calls on her racing community if she needs anything.

Sad to hear, Back when I was a spry young Man ( like about 14) Mr. Wetzel helped me a ton on a suzuki my father bought me. I remember walking around Wetzels and just gushing over the new MX bikes....All's I know there is one hell of an MX team in Heaven !!!!

Back