steel city

anyone live near steel city? familiar with it? wondering how the pits are going to deal with this rain? they do not have a fb page or even any pictures on their website, so not sure what to expect if we decide to go.

I can find out. Brenner Wassel goes there all the time. I know he is planning on going Sunday he told me.

Get there early and there are plenty of flat spots. if you get there late there you will be on the hillside and it will suck.

Cant speak for an AQ, but the season opener two years ago was a mud hole. Track gets really slippery when wet, kinda like beans's dirt. Be prepared with some soft terrain tires and plenty of tear-offs. Goodluck.

X2 on being early, the hillside parking is pretty steep.

i think we are skipping out. not even trying to qualify, just thought we would go and ride. not worth tearing up hauler/truck/bikes! thanks for the responses! we were still considering it until they cancelled practice!

It gets nasty when it rains but the pits are
on top of the hill. They'll doze off the mud. Last year it poured all week before hp qualifier and they did a nice job with the track. Turned out great.

So the rumor goes that Steel City is done, closing the doors. Anyone close to Mad Mike have any confirmation on this?

I got a flyer in the mail from both Steel city and one from High point with all their race dates on it, just recently.

I am not sure.....I tossed it out. Thought there were a series of races listed on it. Came a couple weeks ago, I tossed it, I never go there. Then last week I got the high point card in the mail. Both looked very similar to each other.

It did have more than just the area qualifier on it….. I was surprised because I thought it was done too.

From the racer productions website
Sept. 13SatSteel CityRacingALLEGHENY CUP
Sept. 14SunRacingPAMX FLY RACING PENNSYLVANIA STATE MX CHAMPIONSHIP

Sept. 28SunSteel CityRacingPAMX FLY RACING PENNSYLVANIA STATE MX CHAMPIONSHIP

Back